Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

BeefPorkChicken
Connector

@DeeScruntled , iI feel you.. That comes up whenever I try deleting an email

Highlighted
Spinner
Helpful Neighbour

@BeefPorkChicken wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, i meant to say the CCO of TELUS Tony Geheran (Chief Customer Officer), it said on the email that the Email outage has been cleared, but I'm still having trouble. deleting and my some of my old emails are missing

Telus has no credibility at this point. According to them, over 90% of accounts were "restored" two weeks ago.

ulysses
Coach

Does any else share my dismay that, after this extended email meltdown, the CEO of Telus has been conspicuous by his total absence?

bigscreenbob
Connector

My emails been working since Friday but my wife's still does not work. I've checked the settings-tried to access it on web mail but the access code it sends to her phone -that says the code is no good. I guess i should be even more patient.....???

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Email working fine now..can send and receive..But...still can't delete mail .  Sometimes a current one that hasn't been opened will let me delete but 99% still sitting there taking up space.  Can't move it to Trash either.  Anyone have a work-around for this ?  Did phone in and was told they would put in a trouble ticket, but deleting email is low priority right now. 

ulysses
Coach

Hallelujah! My telus.net email service with Thunderbird has been restored. All functions appear to be working. Needless to add, it's about bloody time!

shruber1
Neighbour

My email is down again as of today. This is so frustrating.

Tandy
Connector

For the past day, webmail just says "loading" after I log in on my phone or computer.  Never finishes loading.  

I still cannot make my POP3 Mail client retrieve on my iMac.  It says it's downloading 2,912 messages (which is crazy) but it hasn't downloaded any since Aug. 14.

All three Telus phone numbers we've been told to phone have the same recording telling us to look at the outages page and then proceeds to offer help with everything but email.

Can't believe this email debacle is not making press beyond echoing what Telus says.

MrE
Advisor

Aug 30 and the pop3 server is still wonky. Fails several times a day and freezes my email handling on my PC. Does anyone from Telus read these and care at all about customer problems? For several days, and after many ,many attempts online help still always says...

No chat agents are currently available, please call 1-844-372-8559 for help.

The future might end up being friendly  but Telus is anything but at the moment.

Lizzy1
Resident

My email was down from Aug 15 to Aug 24, it was restored to a certain degree.  Some of my saved emails are blank. This morning around 9:00 Aug 30 it all went down again, cannot access webmail either it says "Looks like we can't find that page."  Talked to tech guy, first he's heard of this.  Anyone else experiencing an issue?

shruber1
Neighbour

Yes, my email went down yesterday briefly and is down again for the past few hours now.

ulysses
Coach

While my telus.net email has been restored, it seems to take an awful long time to download messages - far longer than before the outage. Is anyone else having a similar experience?

Hinton
Connector

Much the same for me. Unable to access webmail for the last 24 hrs. Prior to that many emails were empty and could not be erased.

Hinton
Connector

Still getting "Looks like we can’t find that page." when trying to sign into webmail 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Webmail is working fine for me.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Irishgranny
Ambassador

My webmail has been restored with all the LH side files BUT still having no luck with deletions.  Strange thing is, I can delete ones that have just arrived even after reading them,  but any that came in earlier-opened or not, will not let me delete.  I now have over 20 sitting there..can't even move them to Trash or Junk....any ideas ??

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Follow-up to the above...I CAN delete any emails that are in my Trash or Junk box, but nothing that's sitting in my Inbox. ???

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Irishgranny Allow some time for your mailbox to be fully restored and 100% functional again. It will get there sooner or later.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Hinton
Connector
I can access webmail this morning and delete emails. I had quite a few 'empty' emails before which have disappeared on their own. Still can't access email on my desktop email client.
DeanD
Coach

As of this morning, I cannot access webmail at all.  I get a 500 server error.  Cannot change password, cannot access email whatsoever.  This was supposed to be fixed.  No Telus chat agents, and I'm pretty sure that I don't want to sit on hold to inform them of yet another **bleep** up.  This is getting stupid now.