cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

@quixotic wrote:

If 90% of customers now have email again, how about showing us a map of where us 10 percenters are?  (I'm in Red Deer, by the way).

I'm pretty sure that 90% figure is just a guess on their part.  Heck, one of their updates earlier said only SOME Telus customers were experiencing email outages (when the actual number was probably 90+%!).

I also am in Red Deer just show us the numbers. Thank you.

Everything still down for me.

Although a few hours ago I was able to login; just couldn't do anything.  Anytime I just tried to even just read an email, it would boot me out.  Now, I can't even login - so it's gotten *WORSE* for me.

Location:  Vancouver (where less than 10% of the population in BC live apparently)

Sorry to report that Kamloops is not part of the claimed 90%.  telus.com/outages seems to provide no reliable information, as forecast returns to duty there during yesterday and today spanned from 11:00 pm last night to 1:00 pm today, before those predictions were entirely removed from the site.  Based on telus.com/outages, nothing new has happened since a report at 2:24 pm.  One wonders if work is continuing.

Downtown Vancouver BC is also not part of the 90% that has been restored.

Unacceptable that I have to do a google search to find info, since Telus does not put any notices on its "Page Not Found" auto-reply or the Support landing page. Email outage = outrage

It's just a standard "PR" move to claim 90%+ percent of email service has been fully restored.  I have no doubt a majority are but 90%+ seems pretty unrealistic (just my gut feeling though and from what I've read online).

It's very simple -- it's a typo.  He said "90% are now able" when he meant "90% are not able."  Easy mistake when you're making something up.

Still waiting in Airdrie...  BIG 10% Club ... YAY 😞

My email has been down since yesterday morning, my wife's worked this morning, quit gain this afternoon.
Has any other Canadian ISP had so much trouble with their email?
Wonder what the CRTC will say about this BS?!

8:25 PM in Vancouver. Service partially functional. Webmail able to log in, but keeps dropping off to log-in page. POP (Outlook) able to receive, but not send.

ExCTandS
Helpful Neighbour

Still down here in Langley east

@geodoc wrote:

8:25 PM in Vancouver. Service partially functional. Webmail able to log in, but keeps dropping off to log-in page. POP (Outlook) able to receive, but not send.

Mine is the opposite Outlook seems good now but Webmail just boots me out after hanging on login...would like to setup Email forwarding this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Mine's still down, has been for a f'n week...

My telus webmail in Vancouver appears to be restored to full functionality. Panel on left is present. I can now write, reply, forward and delete emails. Options are accessible and I was able to successfully import my Address Book from Thunderbird.

However, my telus.net account is still down.

A caveat to the above. I don't know if I have received all messages that were sent while both email and webmail were down.

I'm also in Kamloops and haven't had email since 7:02 pm on the 14th. Not impressed

ExCTandS
Helpful Neighbour
Saturday Aug 17, 07:42, still down here in Langley

KORK
Just Moved In

Hi here in High River! My e-mail has been down since last week Friday! What gives?

I do not know where the 90% came from but no one I mean, not a soul I know who has Telus webmail can access it. I am sure you are counting everyone who was not affected by this issue in the first place. A couple of numbers I would like to see is firstly of the people who were initially affected by this outage, how many of them have access at this moment and secondly what % of users in each province are connected and able to receive and send an email. Then we would see where you really are at with this problem. And do not say these numbers are not available it is just that the big girls and boys in the boardroom do not want you to see them. They are available and if not you folks are way, way, worse off then I thought. By the way, numbers are very seldom rounded up to such a convenient %. One of the big issues you folks have is that so many of your users are in Alberta and Sask which have the largest % of the population that have a degree or diploma, as a result, you have many people who know exactly what is going on because they sat in the same classes as your service techs and Engineers. You can not get away with a polite email saying sorry people want answers and it seems a lot of people who signed up for your internet service were told things that were absolutely false about your system. As a result, the chickens have come home to roost and it is not a pretty sight. So someone's head is going to have to roll on this one, it had better be at the rank of VP and not some poor little manager that the beancounters would not give enough money to fund their projects resulting in the projects could not be built out very easily over time. This is the result. Enough is enough off to bed I go dreaming that the email will be functioning when I wake up. Thank you for reading this if you are human. If Telus is trying to read all these emails using A. I. good luck getting that to work out.

Why should we believe this post? Telus has been posting this message that most customers have access for many hours on their outage page. If they could restore service to most of their customers that long ago, only incompetence would prevent them from restoring service to the remainder.

This is the second lengthy email outage in recent weeks and it is completely unacceptable. One can only hope that the CRTC launches an investigation and orders telus to compensate its customers for this loss of service.

Maybe Telus is having trouble getting replacement hardware from Huawei because of Trump’s Chinese trade tariffs... 😉