cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

thats why we need some American cell providers here

On Aug. 20, 2019, at 1:07 p.m., TELUS Neighbourhood < [email protected]> wrote:

Hi adamthebad,

ulysses (Friendly Neighbour) posted a new reply in Internet, TV & Home Phone on 08-20-2019 01:07 PM:

Re: Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

I communicated with telus support via chat. I complained about the fact that telus webmail is only partially functional as I can only receive emails. I cannot write, forward, delete or reply to emails. When I was told that they are working to make webmail fully functional, I replied that the "temporary fix" update made no mention of the fact that webmail was only partially functional, my chat was abruptly cut off.

Great customer service telus! My next complaint will be to the CRTC.

Reply | Give Kudos

TELUS Neighbourhood sent this message to <personal info removed by mod>
You are receiving this email because a new message matches your subscription to a topic.

To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe.

High availability systems don't help much if you get a corrupted data segment that  is replicated and backed up and is discovered a fair amount of time after the corruption event.

How you handle this situation is highly dependent on the application and data management system, not the underlying hardware.

Minky
Ambassador

I can sign on to Telus webmail check an emaiol and get bounced out again to login page!  Edmonton, AB.

Anyone else having these issues? 1;25 PM Tuesday 20/08/19

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Existing discussion: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Webmail-Telus-email-is-currently-down/m-p/99286#M2...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Vancouver - Tuesday - 11:30 PM - 08/20/19

Webmail partially working. Able to log in and view inbox page. Unable to view any other sections like 'sent', or 'trash', unable to compose, displays

"A client error occurred. Please try again." message.   POP mail seems to be functioning normally (MS Outlook).

Email inquiry to Telus support describing problem generated a boiler plate response.

Six days and counting. Still no telus.net email service. Webmail will only receive messages. Incredible and very frustrating!

In fairness, I should add that the forward email option in webmail does work. I now am receiving my telus,net emails in my gmail account, where I can reply, forward, delete, etc.

This morning Telus Webmail seems to be functioning except for it not displaying folders on the LH panel. The contents of various folders can be viewed using keyboard shortcuts. Odd.

When attempting to view Webmail in the "slow connection" mode (which I usually use since I prefer the interface), it will display the inbox folder, but when selection a message or other folder, it displays an error message and is stuck there.

No change in either case above with UBlock and cookie controller turned off.

What are the keyboard shortcuts to view folders on LH side ?  I'm missing my Saved folder as well as my Address Book.

@geodoc wrote:

This morning Telus Webmail seems to be functioning except for it not displaying folders on the LH panel. The contents of various folders can be viewed using keyboard shortcuts. Odd.

When attempting to view Webmail in the "slow connection" mode (which I usually use since I prefer the interface), it will display the inbox folder, but when selection a message or other folder, it displays an error message and is stuck there.

No change in either case above with UBlock and cookie controller turned off.

Yet again the pop3 email server is failing on about 10% of login attempts!  The  CRTC needs to set some BIG fines for each hour telus has email down.

(Aug 24)

Email is not a service that is even remotely dealt with by the CRTC. Internet service isn't either.

The email outage has been a massive, unprecedented, multi-server failure thanks to Dell. I would guess as part of the restore process there may be an odd hiccup or two, but being able to log in to the mail server 9 times out of 10 isn't a situation where I would consider the email service to be down.

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

I consider Telus email service to be down and dead until all folders containing 12 years of emails are totally restored. To  my great relief I always sync'd my email through Microsoft Office Outlook and for now and forever I will revert to my Gmail account for all email communication.

Capture.JPG

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Twelve years of emails restored from backup may take a while. There are likely hundreds of thousands of accounts and millions of emails to be brought back from a series of backups. Not a speedy process.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

No updates since Thursday re telus.net outage. That is not acceptable. At the very least there should be daily updates. And, rather than boiler plate, I am sure that we all would like to know when we can expect regular telus.net email to be restored.

I just got off the phone with telus technical support regarding telus.net outage. He told me that they are proceeding with restoration by email client and that they are currently working on the various Outlook clients. I use Thunderbird as my email client and was advised that restoration of Thunderbird will not be addressed before Outlook is completed. He could offer no estimate regarding when service may be restored, He told me that I will receive an email from telus when my service is back up.

Hardly reassuring.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Retoring by email client? You do realize that's utter nonsense right? Accessing the email on the server has nothing to do with the individual mail client/app. Once the messages are available on the server, ALL mail clients should be able to access it.

Tech support is not the group working on restoring the servers and they extremely likely have no idea how the servers even work, the current problems with them, what's being done to repair them, or what the exact specific status is on the repairs to the countless individual email accounts affected. I know it sucks not being able to access messages but the only thing we can do is be patient. Calling tech support about it won't help.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk wrote:

Retoring by email client? You do realize that's utter nonsense right? Accessing the email on the server has nothing to do with the individual mail client/app. Once the messages are available on the server, ALL mail clients should be able to access it.

Tech support is not the group working on restoring the servers and they extremely likely have no idea how the servers even work, the current problems with them, what's being done to repair them, or what the exact specific status is on the repairs to the countless individual email accounts affected. I know it sucks not being able to access messages but the only thing we can do is be patient. Calling tech support about it won't help.

Put the TELUS pom-poms away Mr Hawk, whatever the reason for this email outage is 9 days of this BS is unacceptable no matter how you spin it!

(Don't ya just love how these pro-Telus types beg you to like their post!?)  

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I never said it was acceptable. I actually said it sucks. Please read more carefully.

@Nighthawk wrote:

I never said it was acceptable. I actually said it sucks. Please read more carefully.

Yes, and then you told people to be patient just like all the other PR crap Telus has been preaching lately. 
It's been 9 days, how long do you or the rest of Telus management expect people to be patient for?! 

(Don't ya just love how these pro-Telus types beg you to like their post, what sad pathetic lives they must have)  

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What good will come from being impatient? We don't have much choice in the matter but to be patient. I can't fix the servers and I'm willing to bet you can't either. Phoning tech support over and over to complain won't make the email server repairs magically complete faster. They are in no way related to the group that is trying to fix the problem.

Also, I do not work for Telus in any capacity, nor do I know what their management is doing / planning.

There you go!  From Telus webmail, to Gmail............as your main email.  Now was that a difficult thing to do?

I would greatly appreciate if you would stop trashing people on this Forum, and keep your rude opinions to yourself.

Did all of your complaining make you feel better?  I hope so.

Have a pleasant evening and enjoy Gmail - Take care!