Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

Tarosujimoto
Organizer

Polecat, are you sure about the bounce back?  Because none of the guys who just I spoke with who sent me an email in the weekend got a bounceback.

LostinVancouver
Coach

I know it’s a necessity in today’s age to have people put out standard company approved messages but it still doesn’t change the fact it’s annoying seeing the SAME cut & paste comment from Tech Support “we’re sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you.....we understand how email is important to you...we fully appreciate all you patience....we are working around the clock”.  Might as well have bot make those posts.  Re: Twitter.

rc
Ambassador
Some email providers, as part of their anti spam policy ignore and black hole not delivered email notifications.
Tarosujimoto
Organizer

Providers Like telus, iCloud and shaw? 

So no bounceback means no way of knowing who sent you an email.

I don’t think there was any bounce backs to start with, just a black hole in your servers, unless you can show me one. 

i guess the resend solution isn’t a solution  then....

Tarosujimoto
Organizer

And what about the random ordering in the inbox? Just another annoying result we have to deal with? 

rc
Ambassador
If the email never left the sender's email providers servers then the sender should receive an unable to deliver notification. How long it takes to get this message varies by provider. If Telus servers acknowledge the email then it could go onto a black hole.
NormB
Resident

So is it safe to conclude that if emails from those missing days aren't here now they are toast?

Highlighted
Tarosujimoto
Organizer

Exactly.  The black hole is what appears to be happening when I look at my inbox.  Support needs to warn people of this risk.

Tarosujimoto
Organizer

You probably need to wait until the outage is fully resolved.  The same thing happened in May and eventually a ton of emails came through a week later. This one looks far worse than the May outage

So Which by current forecast is.... maybe  never? 

Tarosujimoto
Organizer

The fact that a couple random emails are coming into my inbox with no relationship to when they were sent is troubling.

the fact that a Telus can’t acknowledge or explain why is laughable. 

Fisherguy
Advocate

Sunday morning, STILL no email, been that way since Thursday morning.  My wife's has been working since Friday morning but has had a few interruptions of service.
Would expect better of Telus, disappointing and very FRUSTRATING!!!     

Irishgranny
Ambassador

@DeeScruntled 

Same problem here...that login page just sits there and dares me to try and make it work !  Strange thing is, I can login to the Outage Update page using the exact same name & password..guess there must be 2 of me !

Peter1975
Resident
I am having same problem last time I could log in was Thursday morning. Now all of a sudden it is saying I have an incorrect password
polecat
Ambassador

tarosujimoto  Sorry i should have said sending to legit mail address but cannot be delivered ------ server down  --------- persons in box is full----- person has moved to another provider with a new address and possible old address is still alive. Funny things happen. Polecat

LostinVancouver
Coach

Read on twitter that a server that needed to replaced was incorrectly installed.  That's what you get for subcontracting everything.  Sure, in the short-run, you cut costs; but in the long run you embarrass yourself silly when stuff like this happens.

geodoc
Connector

Vancouver - 10:00 AM - 08/18/19

Webmail partially working. Able to log in and view inbox page. Unable to view any other sections like 'sent', or 'trash'. Unable to compose. POP mail seems to be functioning normally (MS Outlook).

Telus' response to this fiasco makes me think of what became a classic meme from Chernobyl:

"3.6 roentgen? Not great, not terrible."

Telus' managment's focus would seem to the outside observer, to be more focused on PR damage control than dealing with the cause. Not in the same league as the Politburo 's response to a nuclear power plant explosion, but it does rime just enough that it certainly should make them a little uncomfortable.

LostinVancouver
Coach

@geodoc wrote:

Vancouver - 10:00 AM - 08/18/19

Webmail partially working. Able to log in and view inbox page. Unable to view any other sections like 'sent', or 'trash'. Unable to compose. POP mail seems to be functioning normally (MS Outlook).

Telus' response to this fiasco makes me think of what became a classic meme from Chernobyl:

"3.6 roentgen? Not great, not terrible."

Telus' managment's focus would seem to the outside observer, to be more focused on PR damage control than dealing with the cause. Not in the same league as the Politburo 's response to a nuclear power plant explosion, but it does rime just enough that it certainly should make them a little uncomfortable.

I'm more sad because I own Telus stock & don't want to see what happens to the stock on Monday.Smiley LOL

couttsy
Neighbour
To ease concern about missing emails, I have analyzed some of the data received now that we are back in action. I receive an email from my third party supplier every day listing all the spam that was blocked or held, and there is only one day missing (Aug 15, 16, 18 rec'd). Below is the header received information for those days. They are normally in reverse order, but I have put them in sequential order for easier reading. -Received: from relay20.pobox.com ([173.228.157.46]) by telus_ibsmtp with SMTP id y8k7hEz7Bshg8y8k9h75AP; Wed, 14 Aug 2019 23:56:13 -0600 -Received: from mtlp000082 (smtp-ob.email.telus.net [172.20.100.250]) by mtlp000060.email.telus.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id D1C5880130 for ; Wed, 14 Aug 2019 23:56:13 -0600 (MDT) -Received: from mtlp000060.email.telus.net (LHLO mtlp000060.email.telus.net) (172.20.100.160) by mtlp000030.email.telus.net with LMTP; Wed, 14 Aug 2019 23:56:13 -0600 (MDT) -Received: from relay21.pobox.com ([173.228.157.47]) by telus_ibsmtp with SMTP id yVaPhAu6m09c0yVbQh4M8M; Fri, 16 Aug 2019 00:22:58 -0600 -Received: from mtlp000082 (unknown [172.20.100.71]) by mtlp000050.email.telus.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 0BCF628764 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2019 03:05:37 -0600 (MDT) -Received: from mtlp000050.email.telus.net (LHLO mtlp000050.email.telus.net) (172.20.100.150) by mtlp000030.email.telus.net with LMTP; Fri, 16 Aug 2019 04:49:43 -0600 (MDT) -Received: from relay4.pobox.com ([64.147.108.62]) by telus_ibsmtp with SMTP id zEL9hh7qhBmtYzELAhpYYV; Sun, 18 Aug 2019 00:06:58 -0600 -Received: from mtlp000079 (unknown [172.20.100.70]) by mtlp000050.email.telus.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 1BB002F119 for ; Sun, 18 Aug 2019 00:06:58 -0600 (MDT) -Received: from mtlp000050.email.telus.net (LHLO mtlp000050.email.telus.net) (172.20.100.150) by mtlp000030.email.telus.net with LMTP; Sun, 18 Aug 2019 00:06:58 -0600 (MDT) Inbound email is received by the SMTP server, and it was intermittently out of action for relatively brief periods of time. It would be nice if Telus could tell us what those outage times were, but that would be expecting too much. J.A. Coutts
adamthebad
Connector
not correctly installed....most enterprise equipment is plug and play with the odd hard wire....my guess (eletronic certified) is software
ColtenDavis
Resident

I generally think that most people need to chill out. Going without your email isn't on par with the Earth exploding like some replies would have you believe.  At the same time, days later this still isn't working and now neither is the outages page.  As well, I'm met with a warning that my login is invalid and I'll be frozen out of my account if there are 10 bad logins.  Ridiculous.