cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

Never assume the people in charge know what their doing.

Telus has no clue.

STILL DOWN

Cannot access my telus mail account on either webmail or using the softward on my computer.  While I can certainly log in to my primary telus account email access is not possible nor is it possible to redirect email sent to my telus account to another account outside of Telus.

Sending me a text message 90 minutes ago doesn't help with the simple fact that the email has not been available since early Thursday and its now late Saturday afternoon and no resolution in sight!

TELUS - can you spell COMPENSATION?

I'm forced to consider alternate email providers now....

"this is a fluid situation".

LOL, like what the heck is that supposed to mean?  Didn't realize restoring email service requires the use of US Navy Seals or Mossad agents.

Calgary
Still nothing for me and yes a very large inbox and extremely active. Your theory makes a lot of sense. Still haven’t figured out what my next step is though feeling like it’s time to make the move.

@LostinVancouver wrote:

@Irishgranny wrote:

Abbotsford....3 of my friends who live within 15 blocks of me all have email now...yet nothing at my place since Wed night.  How do they explain that ?  Hope they plan on rebates on our net bill...and what about the business customers and lost customers etc.  Going to have a lot of mea culpas ahead.

Did the email account that you use have alot of stuff in the inbox (read/unread messages)?  As I already posted, it seems more than just a coincidence, that out of my four email accounts, the two that are working were ones that were rarely used (and hence, didn't have alot of messages in the inbox-whether read or unread).

Not the case with my wife and me. I have tons of emails with my accounts being somewhat restored although things are still flaky, webmail hit-n-miss. My wife on the other hand keeps her's pretty much squeaky clean (deletes everything) not once seeing the light of since the wee hours of the 15th.

Think I had about 5-6 emails in Inbox..plus whatever was in Trash & Junk.  Still makes no sense that it takes 3 days to run in new able (if that's really the problem).  And the same cable supplies Alberta, Okanagan, Vancouver Island and Vancouver area ??  No excuse for this long an outage.  And....their update page shows only 1 affected area...Surrey.  So what's happening with the rest of us !!

@Irishgranny wrote:

Think I had about 5-6 emails in Inbox..plus whatever was in Trash & Junk.  Still makes no sense that it takes 3 days to run in new able (if that's really the problem).  And the same cable supplies Alberta, Okanagan, Vancouver Island and Vancouver area ??  No excuse for this long an outage.  And....their update page shows only 1 affected area...Surrey.  So what's happening with the rest of us !!

It's not a cable issue at all! 
It's been posted what caused the problem but here it is again (8 days and counting or me)
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/4-days-of-telus-email-outage-caused-by-data-storage-...

Is that what your bosses told you to tell us? 90%. Sounds like a Sean Spicer line.

Tai
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
Good afternoon,

TELUS technicians continue to work around the clock to restore TELUS.net email access. This is a fluid situation, and we are doing everything we can to stabilize all servers as we bring our final customers back online. Unfortunately, the issues with the remaining servers are very complex, which is why this is taking much longer than we would like. We know that our customers are frustrated, and we are incredibly sorry.

We want to reiterate that we take this issue extremely seriously, which is why today, we reached out to customers who are still without email service with an SMS text message to apologize directly. We have hundreds of team members working to ensure service is completely restored and this situation is fully resolved.

To those thinking of a different provider. Check it out might not be as good as you think it is. Equipment or software failure can happen to any one of them. Our email was back up early friday morning. I clean out inbox every evening storing important ones in a folder or in downloads. Have a friend near bye never deleted emails for years still down all the people around them that have telus webmail and were back up before noon friday. Polecat

@polecat wrote:

To those thinking of a different provider. Check it out might not be as good as you think it is. Equipment or software failure can happen to any one of them. Our email was back up early friday morning. I clean out inbox every evening storing important ones in a folder or in downloads. Have a friend near bye never deleted emails for years still down all the people around them that have telus webmail and were back up before noon friday. Polecat

Seems to confirm my suspicions about the size of ones inbox being an issue (it's easy to say clean out your inbox but with the amount of spam mail one gets, sometimes it can accumulate - particularly if one doesn't check it alot).  And I suspect there's going to be some data loss involved.  Who thought having a redundant backup system was important?Smiley LOL

My email is still down and I have not received your notes SMS text. Is there an ETA on when this will be resolved?

Still nothing using Edge, then changed browser, went to IE 11 and got to sign in page and then nothing.
My bestest gal is in now.

No text message here and my email is still down.

Baps
Just Moved In
I'm still with no email and no apology fyi

Stina
Just Moved In
I have not received a text message with an apology, and I still don't have email.

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

Their outage map isn't much help, either.  It just shows Nisku (south of Edmonton) and Surrey as currently being affected.  But I still don't have email, and I'm well over a 100 km from Nisku.  

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

Now the map just shows Surrey as being affected.  What a load of BS!

Aug 18 02:12 Still no email, and certainly no SMS message explanation either.

David72
Just Moved In

Still Down, when will emails be up and running and will Telus reimburse me for any financial losses?

Email is still down (Langley).  Very frustrating as Telus’ outage message hasn’t changed and there is no ETR.  It gives this customer the impression that no one is working on the weekend!  Now they have 90% recovered, they’ve all gone home!