cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

Mine has been down since Wednesday @ 9:52 am.  We don't even live in Calgary anymore, so why is my email account still tied to that server???? 

This is getting ridiculous!

Approaching 48 hours without email service in Vancouver. This is not getting ridiculous. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Terrible communications strategy, Telus... or should I say, Won't-Telus?

The good news is I won't be getting my Telus bills because I am paperless........does that mean I don't have to pay for the service I haven't received for the past three days?????

I was sort of thinking the same until I checked my (still mot working) e-mail this morning. No word of a lie, the only thing in my Inbox was my Telus Mobility bill.

Too bad it’s been three days and counting and they still can’t figure out how to get the rest of my e-mail through.... 😞

Abbotsford still down...now they say it's due to Cable theft....it's taken them 3 days to figure that out ?  Also on Status page..only showing Surrey as affected area...Guess the rest of us don't exist any more.

I appear to no longer be part of the 10% (for now). As of about 10:00 AM 08/17 both webmail and POP mail are functional. Question is what measures is Telus going to take to ensure that this never happens again? I guess we can't know. Question now is whether to switch to a provider that has a better track record or stick with Telus and hope that this was a wake-up call for them.

For me here in Edmonton, it looks like I now have (limited?) connectivity to my telus.net e-mail address through my iPhone, however my crusty old telusmail.net addy—which I originally got with my cell phone back in the day and still use as my main account—is still MIA.

Additionally, there continues to be no joy trying to log into either of my Telus webmail accounts via the internet as, invariably, I wind up at the “we can’t find that page” part of the site.

Fingers crossed, all of their e-mail server data will eventually come back online—including the accounts that date back to a time when Telus’ service was actually decent....

Still down in Kamloops with Webmail page not available. However after the last big outage a month or so ago, I had set up forwarding from my telus email to another account.  This morning I received 2 telus bills and one promo from telus that were forwarded. Other messages are still missing.  Just read Telus' online apology - how about giving all their customers $10 off instead of the few that were stubborn enough (and had the time) to sit on hold waiting for a customer rep

Elm2
Just Moved In

I hear Shaw is picking up a lot of Telus customers. If this carries on much longer, I'll be visiting their office.

ExCTandS
Helpful Neighbour
Aug 17 11:19, service still out for email and webmail. It does let me log in to Webmail, then says password is over 6 months old, then it says "Looks like we can't find that page, what would you like to do" then offers a link to the home page, which works. So there is some interaction with Telus, meaning the cables are working ?? So to me, the troubles are in house with the e-mail servers either at the Vancouver Data center or the Edmonton Data center.

Three days and counting with no Telus e-mail. Sure glad I have a gmail account and not a business relying on Telus e-mail.

Any lawyers out there looking for a class-action?

Donots
Just Moved In

Elm2, unfortunately you need your valid email, to set up your account with Shaw

Elm2
Just Moved In

Donots

I have three email accounts, one of which is not working.

@Elm2 wrote:

Donots

I have three email accounts, one of which is not working.

I've got four email accounts, two are "working" but they really weren't used before.  The two that AREN'T working, I was using.  Seems to me the reason why it isn't working (both had a fair number of emails in the inbox).  The two emails that are working, have pretty much an empty inbox.  Is that the same with you?

Follow up to my last post....

Seems to me (not being a "techie") that is far easier to "restore"/"fix" an email account that was essentially dormant (and/or rarely used) vs one that was used fairly regularly (as the later involves stored emails in the inbox that MIGHT have to be 'restored' in some way due to a hardware failure where there was no backup system in place).

Abbotsford....3 of my friends who live within 15 blocks of me all have email now...yet nothing at my place since Wed night.  How do they explain that ?  Hope they plan on rebates on our net bill...and what about the business customers and lost customers etc.  Going to have a lot of mea culpas ahead.

@Irishgranny wrote:

Abbotsford....3 of my friends who live within 15 blocks of me all have email now...yet nothing at my place since Wed night.  How do they explain that ?  Hope they plan on rebates on our net bill...and what about the business customers and lost customers etc.  Going to have a lot of mea culpas ahead.

Did the email account that you use have alot of stuff in the inbox (read/unread messages)?  As I already posted, it seems more than just a coincidence, that out of my four email accounts, the two that are working were ones that were rarely used (and hence, didn't have alot of messages in the inbox-whether read or unread).

Again, I'm only guessing but I suspect they have *NO ADEQUATE BACKUP SYSTEM* in place.  Hence, most of the work the "techies" are doing is trying to restore the messages somehow (which can be time consuming).  They're keeping quiet about it because I would tend to believe SOME data is be unrecoverable.  The 90% number they keeping telling the public might actually be correct (as we're talking about alot of dormant and/or rarely used email accounts - I think the standard internet package gives you four or five?; again, it's not alot of work to "fix" those accounts as there's little date to 'restore').

Though again, I'm just speculating.  But we should feel fine that the outage page on Telus says Vancouver is all ok right?!

I can't go on like this. Recently opted for a loyalty discount that commits me to a couple more years in exchange for a reduced bill. Telus have broken that contract with me.....next logical step? This is more than 48 hours by my reckoning.

Decades of goodwill thrown away in a few days because nobody thought to adequately backup the data.