cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

Day number 3 in Red Deer without email.  Very exasperating!  Maybe I'll pick up the phone and tear a strip out of some poor tech who is faultless in all this (OK, I guess I won't).  On the plus side, I've had Telus email for about 17 years now, and this is the first time I recall the email being down.

Good morning 10%'ers...   Had a brief glimpse of the future last night at 12:07 am...  this morning...   SOS...  SNAFU...  for those acronym lovers...  cloudy in Langley this morning...  is it a portent...

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

Still down.....been a week for me.Smiley Sad

ANOTHER DAY (DAY 3) ... in Airdrie ... NO EMAIL...  OMG  Smiley Mad.   Are there NO BACK UPS?  No STRIPING?  ANY kind of RAID System At ALL ?¿?¿?  Hello ... TELUS ... Your supposed to be PROFESSIONALS !!!!

jhulford
Organizer

Nanaimo. Still down for me 3 days and counting. My husbands account is back up and running for sending and receiving as of this morning (SMTP/POP), don't use the webmail. The weird thing is we've had these email accounts since the 'sympatico' days and mine is an alias of his, so you'd think if one comes back from the dead the other should be along shortly. So far, no joy. 

You do realize sympatico was Bell right?

@mbp wrote:

You do realize sympatico was Bell right?

I didn't get the email notification.Smiley Tongue

BC Tel which became Telus. 

Not true.  Sympatico was BCTel / Telus.

I now have a login page..BUT...says my name or password id incorrect.  Same ones I've had for the past few years.  Even tried to change password, but couldn't do that.  So I'm looking at this login teaser and wondering how many more days before it recognizes me ??

Email working but only 5 emails in my inbox - scattered over the course of the 3 days.  I'm about to travel, so there were several important emails that are still AWOL.  Glad to have the server back up, but will this be fixed???

My email appears to finally be working this morning, except that I know I am missing emails.  Are they going to appear in my inbox at some point in the near future?

Some sort of compensation seems fair, as this is the second time in a few months that my email has been down for a significant amount of time.  I have been a Telus customer for a very long time, so I know this hasn't been typical.  That said, it doesn't look good when I am having to advise my clients that "my email is down...again".

Sunday morning, STILL no email, been that way since Thursday morning.  My wife's has been working since Friday morning but has had a few interruptions of service.
Would expect better of Telus, disappointing and very FRUSTRATING!!!     

Strange thing is..My name and password work just fine when I login to the Outage Update page...but not correct for Webmail...are there 2 of me ??

Another 24 hours without service in Vancouver, making it three whole days. But we have telus' word that "the entire leadership team will learn from this experience". How reassuring! Platitudes don't replace incompetence. We don't need PR types talking to us. Where is the CEO of telus or the executive in charge of technology at this critical time? Heads had better roll over this unacceptable mess.

Finally got into my webmail this morning in Kamloops but it only shows 1 message. My  account I forwarded telus emails to has 6 forwarded messages. I know there should be even more than that but if I had not forwarded, I wouldn't know the messages were missing.  Can see I lost a Kijiji sale though! 

Any Emails sent to you from who ever would be bounced and remain on their mail platform as unable to deliver. They would have to resent now that you are able to see incoming email.

@polecat wrote:

Any Emails sent to you from who ever would be bounced and remain on their mail platform as unable to deliver. They would have to resent now that you are able to see incoming email.

Yeah I figure part of the reason for the delay in getting everybody up and running with email was their subcontracted out techies trying to figure out how to make sure everyone got their emails from the down period.  After a certain point, they just said heck with it & started putting email accounts back online.

As for compensation....all we’ll get is another scripted apology video spouting mumbo jumbo about we have all learned from this experience.

Sunday morning now, Webmail, IMAP and SMTP all coming back. Got a bunch of emails late last night including replies on this forum. But none from Wednesday evening to Saturday evening inclusive. Counts as a full three day outage and loss. 😬

@Tony1000 wrote:

Sunday morning now, Webmail, IMAP and SMTP all coming back. Got a bunch of emails late last night including replies on this forum. But none from Wednesday evening to Saturday evening inclusive. Counts as a full three day outage and loss. 😬

I figure I’m missing at least half a dozen Nigerian investment proposals.  I don’t want to even estimate the financial losses from those lost business opportunities.Smiley LOL