Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

Good afternoon,

TELUS technicians continue to work around the clock to restore TELUS.net email access. This is a fluid situation, and we are doing everything we can to stabilize all servers as we bring our final customers back online. Unfortunately, the issues with the remaining servers are very complex, which is why this is taking much longer than we would like. We know that our customers are frustrated, and we are incredibly sorry.

We want to reiterate that we take this issue extremely seriously, which is why today, we reached out to customers who are still without email service with an SMS text message to apologize directly. We have hundreds of team members working to ensure service is completely restored and this situation is fully resolved.
polecat
Ambassador

To those thinking of a different provider. Check it out might not be as good as you think it is. Equipment or software failure can happen to any one of them. Our email was back up early friday morning. I clean out inbox every evening storing important ones in a folder or in downloads. Have a friend near bye never deleted emails for years still down all the people around them that have telus webmail and were back up before noon friday. Polecat

LostinVancouver
Coach

@polecat wrote:

To those thinking of a different provider. Check it out might not be as good as you think it is. Equipment or software failure can happen to any one of them. Our email was back up early friday morning. I clean out inbox every evening storing important ones in a folder or in downloads. Have a friend near bye never deleted emails for years still down all the people around them that have telus webmail and were back up before noon friday. Polecat

Seems to confirm my suspicions about the size of ones inbox being an issue (it's easy to say clean out your inbox but with the amount of spam mail one gets, sometimes it can accumulate - particularly if one doesn't check it alot).  And I suspect there's going to be some data loss involved.  Who thought having a redundant backup system was important?Smiley LOL

AlbertCalgary
Resident
My email is still down and I have not received your notes SMS text. Is there an ETA on when this will be resolved?
fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

Still nothing using Edge, then changed browser, went to IE 11 and got to sign in page and then nothing.
My bestest gal is in now.

shruber1
Neighbour

No text message here and my email is still down.

Baps
Resident
I'm still with no email and no apology fyi
Highlighted
Stina
Resident
I have not received a text message with an apology, and I still don't have email.
quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

Their outage map isn't much help, either.  It just shows Nisku (south of Edmonton) and Surrey as currently being affected.  But I still don't have email, and I'm well over a 100 km from Nisku.  

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

Now the map just shows Surrey as being affected.  What a load of BS!

snrhodes
Resident

Aug 18 02:12 Still no email, and certainly no SMS message explanation either.

David72
Resident

Still Down, when will emails be up and running and will Telus reimburse me for any financial losses?

Heatherw
Resident

Email is still down (Langley).  Very frustrating as Telus’ outage message hasn’t changed and there is no ETR.  It gives this customer the impression that no one is working on the weekend!  Now they have 90% recovered, they’ve all gone home!

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

Day number 3 in Red Deer without email.  Very exasperating!  Maybe I'll pick up the phone and tear a strip out of some poor tech who is faultless in all this (OK, I guess I won't).  On the plus side, I've had Telus email for about 17 years now, and this is the first time I recall the email being down.

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

Good morning 10%'ers...   Had a brief glimpse of the future last night at 12:07 am...  this morning...   SOS...  SNAFU...  for those acronym lovers...  cloudy in Langley this morning...  is it a portent...

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

Still down.....been a week for me.Smiley Sad

ByteMe
Neighbour

ANOTHER DAY (DAY 3) ... in Airdrie ... NO EMAIL...  OMG  Smiley Mad.   Are there NO BACK UPS?  No STRIPING?  ANY kind of RAID System At ALL ?¿?¿?  Hello ... TELUS ... Your supposed to be PROFESSIONALS !!!!

jhulford
Neighbour

Nanaimo. Still down for me 3 days and counting. My husbands account is back up and running for sending and receiving as of this morning (SMTP/POP), don't use the webmail. The weird thing is we've had these email accounts since the 'sympatico' days and mine is an alias of his, so you'd think if one comes back from the dead the other should be along shortly. So far, no joy. 

mbp
Advisor

You do realize sympatico was Bell right?

LostinVancouver
Coach

@mbp wrote:

You do realize sympatico was Bell right?

I didn't get the email notification.Smiley Tongue