cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

This is unacceptable. I have had no email for three days. Why does TELUS keep saying they have the best network in all of Canada if they can't have reliable email service. When will this problem be fixed????  Your alerts say nothing.

FEED_UP
Just Moved In

Email is still down for day 2.  Telus seems to think they have corrected the problem - this is a no - 2 hours on the phone over two nights and all I get is a promise it will be corrected by noon Saturday then noon Sunday. How many business related emails am I going to miss!

I've also had the e-mail outage off and on (mostly off) for three days now.  It's always kind of annoying not to receive e-mails you're expecting, but I have to agree with those who are speaking about work e-mails.  Speaking for myself, I hate having to contact *anyone* I work with and give them the "errr...my ISP is having an outage and I can't receive any e-mails, I'm not even sure you're receiving what I'm sending. Do you mind using my Gmail for now:  [email protected] and resend anything you've sent in the last couple of days"?  I really, really find that embarrassing.  I'm also in favour of*some* kind of compensation showing that Telus truly recognizes the inconvenience of this.  It's not by far the worst thing in the world, but it's something we pay for and we're not getting the benefit of it.

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
Definitely! We pay a lot for telus services. They need to post updates as to when the service will be restored instead of leaving everyone just hanging. They offered me a couple of movies to compensate for my inconvenience...

DLD
Neighbour

Grande Prairie, AB. No e-mail [incoming/outgoing] since Friday am [May 31st]. Please provide updates. Thank-you. 

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
We're on day 3 now for this system outage in Kamloops.....have never experienced an outage for such a lengthy time. Terrible inconvenience to TELUS customers. An update would be nice.

BRK
Just Moved In

More frequent updates to customers would be greatly appreciated

OTO
Just Moved In

AGREED! 

2:00 PM Saturday- still out! 

"we reached out to customers who are still without email service with an SMS text message to apologize directly."

I have a landline (not a cell) associated with my account.  I sure wish they would phone me so I can tear a strip off the person.  Nah, I'm kidding.  Why give the messenger grief.  They aren't responsible for having no backup system in place.  

@LostinVancouver wrote:

"we reached out to customers who are still without email service with an SMS text message to apologize directly."

I have a landline (not a cell) associated with my account.  I sure wish they would phone me so I can tear a strip off the person.  Nah, I'm kidding.  Why give the messenger grief.  They aren't responsible for having no backup system in place.  

Same here, a landline.  I don't know if it defines the term "apologize directly" when they send out a mass text.  If anyone gets an actual call, be sure to record it.

Here's something else Telus does fast -- I've gone from "Helpful Neighbour" to "Organizer" to "Connector" in record time!!  By Monday, I'll be the CEO!!  For sure I'll get my e-mail restored then!

kosh
Just Moved In

Hi,

Any news? 

I called in earlier today and was told they are still working on it.  It is Sunday aeveing and I still cannot receive any emails.

I used my email for work and this is getting pretty bad.

Am I the only one ??

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
No, haven't heard anything. I also have not tried calling again but may have to do so, patience is running out.

Bricoleur
Friendly Neighbour

Sunday and still down -  ?

Did your killing of CDMA  screw LTE or is this a separate incompetenceve any estimate how many resets to your server will it take to get everyone p and running again?

Why don't you at least give updates on is ou site?

Do you really have a customer service function - or just fake it here?

I haven’t been able to get e-mail since Saturday.....very inconvenient & frustrating, wondering why we can’t see any news about this issue.

Sbcliff
Just Moved In
Any idea when the email issue will be resolved? Friday-Saturday- and now it’s sunday ? Just an update would be nice

This email situation (or lack of) is ridiculous. Day 3 now. Please resolve.

I spent over 1 1/2 hours on hold this morning to try & find out what was happening ? they were going to check my account , was finally told the server is down and they are currently working on the problem , still nothing, can't access email account - this is crazy, how can this happen to such a huge company , how many people are really being affected by this ? I'm in Cloverdale BC , saw someone from Alberta ? is this province wide ? or what ? 

I'm starting to wonder if Telus was hacked and they don't want to say anything.

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
I spoke with a rep tonight. He was hopeful that things would be up and running again tomorrow (Monday). Maybe the "A" team doesn't work weekends and when they're back to work tomorrow they'll figure it out.

I’m in Edmonton and have had no service all weekend.