Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

ExCTandS
Friendly Neighbour

Still down here in Langley east

Allchuck
Resident

I do not know where the 90% came from but no one I mean, not a soul I know who has Telus webmail can access it. I am sure you are counting everyone who was not affected by this issue in the first place. A couple of numbers I would like to see is firstly of the people who were initially affected by this outage, how many of them have access at this moment and secondly what % of users in each province are connected and able to receive and send an email. Then we would see where you really are at with this problem. And do not say these numbers are not available it is just that the big girls and boys in the boardroom do not want you to see them. They are available and if not you folks are way, way, worse off then I thought. By the way, numbers are very seldom rounded up to such a convenient %. One of the big issues you folks have is that so many of your users are in Alberta and Sask which have the largest % of the population that have a degree or diploma, as a result, you have many people who know exactly what is going on because they sat in the same classes as your service techs and Engineers. You can not get away with a polite email saying sorry people want answers and it seems a lot of people who signed up for your internet service were told things that were absolutely false about your system. As a result, the chickens have come home to roost and it is not a pretty sight. So someone's head is going to have to roll on this one, it had better be at the rank of VP and not some poor little manager that the beancounters would not give enough money to fund their projects resulting in the projects could not be built out very easily over time. This is the result. Enough is enough off to bed I go dreaming that the email will be functioning when I wake up. Thank you for reading this if you are human. If Telus is trying to read all these emails using A. I. good luck getting that to work out.

canucks4life
Ambassador

@geodoc wrote:

8:25 PM in Vancouver. Service partially functional. Webmail able to log in, but keeps dropping off to log-in page. POP (Outlook) able to receive, but not send.

Mine is the opposite Outlook seems good now but Webmail just boots me out after hanging on login...would like to setup Email forwarding this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Allchuck
Resident

I also am in Red Deer just show us the numbers. Thank you.

LostinVancouver
Coach

Everything still down for me.

Although a few hours ago I was able to login; just couldn't do anything.  Anytime I just tried to even just read an email, it would boot me out.  Now, I can't even login - so it's gotten *WORSE* for me.

Location:  Vancouver (where less than 10% of the population in BC live apparently)

Highlighted
ulysses
Coach

Why should we believe this post? Telus has been posting this message that most customers have access for many hours on their outage page. If they could restore service to most of their customers that long ago, only incompetence would prevent them from restoring service to the remainder.

This is the second lengthy email outage in recent weeks and it is completely unacceptable. One can only hope that the CRTC launches an investigation and orders telus to compensate its customers for this loss of service.

DNetterville
Resident

Maybe Telus is having trouble getting replacement hardware from Huawei because of Trump’s Chinese trade tariffs... ;-)

momeja
Resident

Mine has been down since Wednesday @ 9:52 am.  We don't even live in Calgary anymore, so why is my email account still tied to that server???? 

This is getting ridiculous!

ulysses
Coach

Approaching 48 hours without email service in Vancouver. This is not getting ridiculous. This is absolutely ridiculous!

zaphod
Resident

Terrible communications strategy, Telus... or should I say, Won't-Telus?

Granny
Resident

The good news is I won't be getting my Telus bills because I am paperless........does that mean I don't have to pay for the service I haven't received for the past three days?????

JackJackson
Resident
Is that what your bosses told you to tell us? 90%. Sounds like a Sean Spicer line.
Lisa4
Resident
I'm also in Kamloops and haven't had email since 7:02 pm on the 14th. Not impressed
ExCTandS
Friendly Neighbour
Saturday Aug 17, 07:42, still down here in Langley
David72
Resident

Still Down, when will emails be up and running and will Telus reimburse me for any financial losses?

Heatherw
Resident

Email is still down (Langley).  Very frustrating as Telus’ outage message hasn’t changed and there is no ETR.  It gives this customer the impression that no one is working on the weekend!  Now they have 90% recovered, they’ve all gone home!

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

Day number 3 in Red Deer without email.  Very exasperating!  Maybe I'll pick up the phone and tear a strip out of some poor tech who is faultless in all this (OK, I guess I won't).  On the plus side, I've had Telus email for about 17 years now, and this is the first time I recall the email being down.

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

Good morning 10%'ers...   Had a brief glimpse of the future last night at 12:07 am...  this morning...   SOS...  SNAFU...  for those acronym lovers...  cloudy in Langley this morning...  is it a portent...

BusyBee
Resident

Vancouver Island here. Down for 3 days and counting.  Love to know what they mean by 10% too.  webmail.telus.net says it doesn't exist anymore - so are they doing that based on location?  But I see folks on here from Red Deer to Vancouver all saying the same thing.  NO EMAIL.  Grr.  My sympathies to anyone running a business and relying on this.  

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

Still down.....been a week for me.Smiley Sad