Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

Capture.JPG

I'd like to find another email provider when I try to Login to "Webmail"

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

Interesting how Telus has email when it suits their best interest...

Capture 2.JPG

and the link even worked  ...  I'm in the Hood

Knob
Neighbour

Lucky you because Alberta has been down since Wednesday.

LostinVancouver
Coach

@Knob wrote:

Lucky you because Alberta has been down since Wednesday.

I think that person only got that email because he was using a gmail account instead of a telus account.

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

You are correct sir...  I have had no Telus email service since yesterday morning at around 7:30 am but my Google gmail has been serving me non stop... here in sunny Langley BC

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

Where are they with a REAL statement???

BullCrap!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Folks,

TELUS technicians have continued to work around the clock to restore TELUS.net email access. More than 90 per cent of our customers are now able to access their email accounts, which are once again fully operational. Our technicians continue to troubleshoot a small number of servers that are still affected by the hardware issue. We are very sorry for the disruption and are working to restore email access for the remainder of our customers as soon as possible. For the latest updates, customers can visit telus.com/outages. 

LostinVancouver
Coach

Forgive me for questioning that 90%+ figure.

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

Here's me....  still in the 10% club....

LostinVancouver
Coach

@DeeScruntled wrote:

Here's me....  still in the 10% club....

heh, the only time I'm part of an exclusive club....and I don't want to be in it! Smiley Tongue

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

If 90% of customers now have email again, how about showing us a map of where us 10 percenters are?  (I'm in Red Deer, by the way).

LostinVancouver
Coach

@quixotic wrote:

If 90% of customers now have email again, how about showing us a map of where us 10 percenters are?  (I'm in Red Deer, by the way).

I'm pretty sure that 90% figure is just a guess on their part.  Heck, one of their updates earlier said only SOME Telus customers were experiencing email outages (when the actual number was probably 90+%!).

FBKamloops
Resident

Sorry to report that Kamloops is not part of the claimed 90%.  telus.com/outages seems to provide no reliable information, as forecast returns to duty there during yesterday and today spanned from 11:00 pm last night to 1:00 pm today, before those predictions were entirely removed from the site.  Based on telus.com/outages, nothing new has happened since a report at 2:24 pm.  One wonders if work is continuing.

Jeffy
Resident

Downtown Vancouver BC is also not part of the 90% that has been restored.

Unacceptable that I have to do a google search to find info, since Telus does not put any notices on its "Page Not Found" auto-reply or the Support landing page. Email outage = outrage

LostinVancouver
Coach

It's just a standard "PR" move to claim 90%+ percent of email service has been fully restored.  I have no doubt a majority are but 90%+ seems pretty unrealistic (just my gut feeling though and from what I've read online).

Highlighted
SH1
Connector

It's very simple -- it's a typo.  He said "90% are now able" when he meant "90% are not able."  Easy mistake when you're making something up.

KORK
Resident

Hi here in High River! My e-mail has been down since last week Friday! What gives?

ByteMe
Neighbour

Still waiting in Airdrie...  BIG 10% Club ... YAY Smiley Sad

Fisherguy
Advisor

My email has been down since yesterday morning, my wife's worked this morning, quit gain this afternoon.
Has any other Canadian ISP had so much trouble with their email?
Wonder what the CRTC will say about this BS?!

geodoc
Connector

8:25 PM in Vancouver. Service partially functional. Webmail able to log in, but keeps dropping off to log-in page. POP (Outlook) able to receive, but not send.