cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

Kamloops continues to be totally down.

Still no TELUS webmail service - since it is a web service, it should not matter where you are geographically located. 

Has anyone called their CEO? https://www.telus.com/en/about/company-overview/executive-team

or Tony Geheran Chief Customer Officer https://www.telus.com/en/about/company-overview/executive-team/tony-geheran

This looks to be Burnaby office number: 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You think calling the CEO etc is going to get it fixed faster? It won't. It'll still be the same people working on fixing it as are working on it now. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Hardware issue....hmmmm.  Guess there was no backup system.

@Nighthawk  - it may not help get it fixed faster, but it would not hurt to let them know what their customers think and the business impact on this community. It could be that they are not 100% aware of the impact that this outage could have on Customer Churn, which is a measure that they have and they report to shareholders and the financial markets.

Still down in Vancouver, getting "...the mail server imap.telus.net is not responding ..." direct on Telus cellular service.

As if they care

I'm in Surrey, BC and am now able to successfully connect to pop.telus.net:110, pop.telus.net:995, and smtp.telus.net:25. I tried sending several messages from 2 different accounts and 3 different devices. Only one message was delivered. Telus webmail allows me to log in, but it receives no mail and any mail sent with it just disappears without being delivered. smtp.telus.net:465 still doesn't work. No matter what method I use to retrieve emails, NO messages sent to me yesterday have arrived. In short, Telus email is NOT working properly yet.

Redundant systems, RAID storage systems, fail-over solutions, and data backup solutions have been around for a very long time, Telus. Even minor email service providers make use of them so as not to inflict Telus-calibre email service on their customers. Why have we been suffering email problems for a week already, culminating with a total collapse yesterday? You owe all of us a very public apology, a detailed explanation of how this situation came to be, exactly what we should be expecting in terms of lost email messages, and what will be done so that this never happens again. I suggest monetary compensation for all affected customers in an amount no less than one month's Telus Internet service fees (anything less will leave Telus thinking this was just a minor problem, which IT IS NOT).

smtp.telus.net:1025 with login still not working as well

Task '********@telus.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC67) : '  The server responded: 421 mtlp000084 cmsmtp ESMTP server temporarily not available'

From the outages notice:

"Most customers are now able to access their email accounts, which are once again fully operational."

What the what?  "Most customers"?  I guess the very, very few customers left without e-mails must be on here raising mischief with multiple Telus Neighbourhood accounts LOL.

I'm in Airdrie, Ab and I rec'd email last evening, then nothing until this morning around 9am. got two messages, then down again.  Been down since.  This is getting ridiculous.  How can a company that charges so much for the net, can treat their customers this way?

Please FIX this problem Telus !! ASAP

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

I'm not one of "the most" that is up, nor are anybody else that I know.

@SH1 wrote:

From the outages notice:

"Most customers are now able to access their email accounts, which are once again fully operational."

What the what?  "Most customers"?  I guess the very, very few customers left without e-mails must be on here raising mischief with multiple Telus Neighbourhood accounts LOL.

As I said, while it's expected that sometimes 'crap happens' that you can't plan for; but it's REALLY annoying when outright lies are being told.  Some outages (yeah right, more like 90%+) and now this (eg., "most" meaning a few).

Back in the day, TELUS servers used RAID 5 with a hot standby.  Meaning you had to lose 3 disks in that one RAID before you lost customer data.  As well, there were backup servers.  All customer backup data was stored off site, meaning in the event of a catastrophic failure, the backup media had to be brought in from elsewhere, the disk array's needed rebuilding, and then the data needed to be loaded onto the RAID arrays.  Did we ever have a need for a catastrophic failure recovery, YES, when the HP service tech blew away the raid configuration while trying to upgrade the microcode on the SCSI adapter, and all the customer data with it.  TELUS contracted out IT many years ago.  Software management is now done overseas, and hardware maintenance is done by the OEM.

33 hr outage and counting here in the lower mainland.

heh more BS as now the "official line" is 90% are able to receive/send emails.  Lying only aggravates people more.  

Capture.JPG

I'd like to find another email provider when I try to Login to "Webmail"

Interesting how Telus has email when it suits their best interest...

Capture 2.JPG

and the link even worked  ...  I'm in the Hood

Lucky you because Alberta has been down since Wednesday.

@Knob wrote:

Lucky you because Alberta has been down since Wednesday.

I think that person only got that email because he was using a gmail account instead of a telus account.

You are correct sir...  I have had no Telus email service since yesterday morning at around 7:30 am but my Google gmail has been serving me non stop... here in sunny Langley BC

Where are they with a REAL statement???

BullCrap!