Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

canucks4life
Ambassador
I got some Email's from yesterday and one about 630am this morning but nothing since including the test ones sent myself from Gmail/Yahoo...no more errors at the moment here but was getting SMTP ones still all day on phone.
canucks4life
Ambassador
I meant to say no more incoming POP errors but still unable to send SMTP.
boblaughlin
Resident

also no SMTP

and who'se bright idea was to not sort this with the MOST RECENT POSTS FIRST!

LesJack
Resident

Click the three little dots by the forum title you can choose how you would like it sorted

LesJack
Resident

I'm missing most emails that should have been received during the outage and still again, cannot log in.  Every time I log into webmail it logs in, refreshes and boots me out asking me to log in again...and again...and again...and again. :/

Highlighted
LostinVancouver
Coach

Hilarious you have to login to see the outages page.

Minky
Ambassador

Try this website:

http://outagereport.ca/telus

LostinVancouver
Coach

It's especially annoying since the "official company line" (at least on twitter) is that most Telus customers are now able to send/receive emails.  Guess I'm unlucky as I can't even get the telus webmail page to load up much less attempt to log in.

FBKamloops
Resident

Kamloops continues to be totally down.

KanoeKid
Connector

Still no TELUS webmail service - since it is a web service, it should not matter where you are geographically located. 

Has anyone called their CEO? https://www.telus.com/en/about/company-overview/executive-team

or Tony Geheran Chief Customer Officer https://www.telus.com/en/about/company-overview/executive-team/tony-geheran

This looks to be Burnaby office number: 

Community Power User
Community Power User

You think calling the CEO etc is going to get it fixed faster? It won't. It'll still be the same people working on fixing it as are working on it now. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
LostinVancouver
Coach

Hardware issue....hmmmm.  Guess there was no backup system.

KanoeKid
Connector

@Nighthawk  - it may not help get it fixed faster, but it would not hurt to let them know what their customers think and the business impact on this community. It could be that they are not 100% aware of the impact that this outage could have on Customer Churn, which is a measure that they have and they report to shareholders and the financial markets.

Tony1000
Connector

Still down in Vancouver, getting "...the mail server imap.telus.net is not responding ..." direct on Telus cellular service.

Granny
Resident

As if they care

ennjeoajat
Connector

I'm in Surrey, BC and am now able to successfully connect to pop.telus.net:110, pop.telus.net:995, and smtp.telus.net:25. I tried sending several messages from 2 different accounts and 3 different devices. Only one message was delivered. Telus webmail allows me to log in, but it receives no mail and any mail sent with it just disappears without being delivered. smtp.telus.net:465 still doesn't work. No matter what method I use to retrieve emails, NO messages sent to me yesterday have arrived. In short, Telus email is NOT working properly yet.

Redundant systems, RAID storage systems, fail-over solutions, and data backup solutions have been around for a very long time, Telus. Even minor email service providers make use of them so as not to inflict Telus-calibre email service on their customers. Why have we been suffering email problems for a week already, culminating with a total collapse yesterday? You owe all of us a very public apology, a detailed explanation of how this situation came to be, exactly what we should be expecting in terms of lost email messages, and what will be done so that this never happens again. I suggest monetary compensation for all affected customers in an amount no less than one month's Telus Internet service fees (anything less will leave Telus thinking this was just a minor problem, which IT IS NOT).

canucks4life
Ambassador

smtp.telus.net:1025 with login still not working as well

Task '********@telus.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC67) : '  The server responded: 421 mtlp000084 cmsmtp ESMTP server temporarily not available'

SH1
Connector

From the outages notice:

"Most customers are now able to access their email accounts, which are once again fully operational."

What the what?  "Most customers"?  I guess the very, very few customers left without e-mails must be on here raising mischief with multiple Telus Neighbourhood accounts LOL.

ByteMe
Neighbour

I'm in Airdrie, Ab and I rec'd email last evening, then nothing until this morning around 9am. got two messages, then down again.  Been down since.  This is getting ridiculous.  How can a company that charges so much for the net, can treat their customers this way?

Please FIX this problem Telus !! ASAP

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

I'm not one of "the most" that is up, nor are anybody else that I know.