Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

smith2ing
Neighbour

Telus' outage page at www.telus.com/outages now estimates full recovery around 1:00PM. Of course, with perhaps over 2 million users between businesses and people trying to get back in and move messages, that may be complicated.

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Still down in Abbotsford.  

geodoc
Connector

I'm in Vancouver. As of 11:50 service is intermittent both POP & webmail. I've been using my Gmail account and perhaps this episode is the signal for me to ease my main email over there. Serious incompetence at Telus that, if past experience is any indication, will not be addressed. Maybe less spent on cute animal advertising and more technical competence and dependability would be a good start. 

Irishgranny
Ambassador

To those who have webmail back....were ALL your emails restored or did you lose the ones that arrived during the outage ?

SH1
Connector

Mine's not back yet.  But I recall when Telus had that annoying outage a few months ago that when the e-mail came back, the most recent e-mails came in first.  A little while later, more came through that were older.  As far as I could tell (because who can say for sure?) all the e-mails came through from the outage days.  It could be the same this time.

Moosefield
Resident

It usually sorts itself out. Perhaps the industrious techs at Telus will be able to enjoy the weekend!

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
Well said!
Highlighted
smith2ing
Neighbour

For personal e-mailing, go ahead and use Google, Yahoo or Hotmail. Lots of storage space and who cares if the NSA can see who you write. But for business you're better off going with a plan from an e-mail hosting company who will try and provide a domain that is based on your business name and can give you storage in Canada and local support with connections from fixed and mobile devices. Get it set up. Advise your customers of the change, put a forwarding rule on your Telus account and enhance your business profile.

canucks4life
Ambassador
I got some Email's from yesterday and one about 630am this morning but nothing since including the test ones sent myself from Gmail/Yahoo...no more errors at the moment here but was getting SMTP ones still all day on phone.
canucks4life
Ambassador
I meant to say no more incoming POP errors but still unable to send SMTP.
LostinVancouver
Coach

Hilarious you have to login to see the outages page.

boblaughlin
Resident

also no SMTP

and who'se bright idea was to not sort this with the MOST RECENT POSTS FIRST!

LesJack
Resident

I'm missing most emails that should have been received during the outage and still again, cannot log in.  Every time I log into webmail it logs in, refreshes and boots me out asking me to log in again...and again...and again...and again. :/

LesJack
Resident

Click the three little dots by the forum title you can choose how you would like it sorted

LostinVancouver
Coach

Or be like Kramer & choose to opt out of receiving mail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyEuHED5mLw

The USPS was obsolete, even back in 1997. In order to continue they dedicate the majority of their operation to processing and delivering junk mail. The USPS needs to cease to exist.
Rapono
Resident

Now that telus webmail is back up, i can log into my account, however, when i try to select/view certain e-mails, it logs me out of my accont, preventing me from reading them. Please fix this!

LostinVancouver
Coach

LOL.  Consider yourself lucky.  I can't even get the telus webmail page to load!

Minky
Advocate

Try this website:

http://outagereport.ca/telus

Community Power User
Community Power User

There is already an existing discussion on email. Please post there. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
LostinVancouver
Coach

It's especially annoying since the "official company line" (at least on twitter) is that most Telus customers are now able to send/receive emails.  Guess I'm unlucky as I can't even get the telus webmail page to load up much less attempt to log in.