Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I'm seeing email service return shortly before 3am PST.

KanoeKid
Connector

7am mountian Friday Aug 16

No email,

It's interesting that a large Canadian communications provider is down for this long.

Do they have High Availability for Telus Mail?

Disaster recovery?

Redundant systems?
Service levels that they strive to maintain?

Communications plan with their customers?

Any TELUS employees on this Forum?

Jhvicbc
Resident

Email is back for me in Esquimalt. But oldest one is 2:35 am so I’m missing whatever was sent yesterday. 

KanoeKid
Connector

Good to hear that it's back for you - not so good that there are missing messages that may not be recovered.

I still have "Looks like we can't find that page" message & URL header says service unavailable.

KanoeKid
Connector

Back in Alberta and no emails from yesterday.

Canucklehead
Friendly Neighbour

The email is an integral part of the internet services, I would not be here without the email service I'd have gone to Shaw or even Uniserve. I suspect that a portion of the funds paid towards the internet service are used to provide the email service such as it is and with such poor service recently maybe they should refund that portion.   

Jester
Resident

Well I'm in Calgary and it's been over 24 hours since I could access my e-mail. 

I note above it says 2am restart, but NOT working here.

The lack of communication from Telus is shocking - surely they could have something up on this site to explain what the problem was, time line for fixing etc. To have a post form last night anticipating fix by 2am and then nothing is pathetic.

Highlighted
Jhvicbc
Resident

@Jhvicbc wrote:

Email is back for me in Esquimalt. But oldest one is 2:35 am so I’m missing whatever was sent yesterday. 

Email is down again. 

losingtelus
Resident

Personally, because I can, I will be severing my relationship with Telus.  There are other options available and other companies that would likely not display so much disrespect to paying customers.  It feel like they have taken their service training from the airlines.

hedwardwiens
Resident

My Webmail -dewiens@telus.net, will open, then stay on a few seconds, and go back to log in.  This cycle just repeats itself.

KanoeKid
Connector

I'm seeing issues - can log in and then select a message, it crashes and goes to sign in page.

Any TELUS Employees on this forum? 

If this happened internally at TELUS, what would happen? Is this a service level that TELUS employees would be able to work with/accept?

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

I've been down for almost a week now. This is has cost me money and wreaked havoc with my social life.

I had no idea how much I rely on e-mail.

Telus better come up with a happy solution for me or I dump all my services.

Maybe spend less money on all those pretty pictures and spend more in I.T..

Disgusting.

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour
  • I've been down for almost a week now. This is has cost me money and wreaked havoc with my social life.
    Disgusting.
adamthebad
Connector
Telus;
no matter Telus's problem with a service you are getting paid to supply, and Telus pounds to customers to go paperless, along with most large businesses how is this supposed to work when the service constantly crashes?

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

I've been down for almost a week now. This is has cost me money and wreaked havoc with my social life.
Disgusting.

Sherryr60
Resident
Is there a specific place to look for updates in this problem? Thanks you.
Fisherguy
Advocate

My wife's email is working, mine is atill down, WTF¿?

smith2ing
Neighbour

I work at a major University in Customer Support and IT, and I provide independent service to several businesses whose livelihood depends on Telus business e-mail. I find 2 things shocking:

1. That Telus did not at least post a banner on the website advising customers of this outage, informing them that the problem was being addressed, and apologizing for the incident. It didn't have to be long, but you can't hang users in the wind with no explanation. Making them phone customer service and wait for an hour to ask about it is nuts. Making customers look for an "Outage" page and have to sign into it just to be told there's a problem is pretty well like hiding the dirt under the carpet.

2. Rule #1 of ANY business is business-critical systems must be backed up with a secondary system. Yes, I know some things are impossible or prohibitive to back up, but hardware is not one of them. Especially when your business customers depend on it. This was a Boeing 747 Max size issue, and Telus pretended it didn't exist. Someone should be gone by day's end.

Cadams57
Resident

My webmail has been down since Wednesday night in Airdrie. I was to get an email yesterday concerning a job. I needed to respond to that email with info. I sure hope this outage hasn't messed that up. I've been unemployed for almost a year and I need this job. Not impressed at all!!!

G2H
Resident

Ever heard of Peter Principle? I digress. Can sporadically send but does not receive.