Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

Gregg
Neighbour

I can send, just not receive.  Is that the same for everyone??  Recent retiree here.  These things didn't happen when I worked there!

Lee70
Resident

This is day 2 for us that we can't send or receive!  Some notification from Telus would be appreciated.  I know they must be working on the problem, but very poor customer service.

Community Power User
Community Power User
I haven’t had any issues with my account last few days. Just briefly on Friday for 5 min sending emails.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
SH1
Connector

On here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/tkb-p/ServiceStatus it says that at 5:45pm Eastern today, the e-mail problems were "mitigated."  An interesting choice of words.  I'm still having the issue and it also started yesterday for me.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Spoiler

Hey All!

You can always check here for service updates: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/TELUS-net-Webmail-Intermittent-error-when-accessing/ta-p/9....

We thank you for your patience and we are working diligently to get things back up and running as soon as possible.

FEED_UP
Resident

Email is still down for day 2.  Telus seems to think they have corrected the problem - this is a no - 2 hours on the phone over two nights and all I get is a promise it will be corrected by noon Saturday then noon Sunday. How many business related emails am I going to miss!

Micheal
Resident

So the last update for the webmail issue was 8 hours ago! It would be nice to get a more current update on the matter, this issue has been going on since about 11am on Friday. 

Its getting to me more of a larger issue for some of us that require webmail to perform work related tasks.

Please update!!!!

LarryL
Resident

Valid point! Do you know what is an equal annoyance about this two day (so far) email service outage? While you are on hold waiting to speak to TELUS technical support about a status update, annoyance is hearing an advertisement on the line telling you that TELUS has the best network services in Canada! How ironic!!

DLD
Neighbour

Grande Prairie, AB. No e-mail [incoming/outgoing] since Friday am [May 31st]. Please provide updates. Thank-you. 

sui2
Neighbour

Enough! We need clear and more frequent updates as to what is happening and when the email issue will be fixed. This is unacceptable for a communications company...

I presume there will be compensation for this serious interruption. Patience running out.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Please post replies to one of the many existing discussions on this topic.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
We're on day 3 now for this system outage in Kamloops.....have never experienced an outage for such a lengthy time. Terrible inconvenience to TELUS customers. An update would be nice.
BRK
Resident

More frequent updates to customers would be greatly appreciated

dj-john
Resident

Service is still down in Victoria, any upfdate ? It is now Sunday at 11:49 AM

SH1
Connector

I've also had the e-mail outage off and on (mostly off) for three days now.  It's always kind of annoying not to receive e-mails you're expecting, but I have to agree with those who are speaking about work e-mails.  Speaking for myself, I hate having to contact *anyone* I work with and give them the "errr...my ISP is having an outage and I can't receive any e-mails, I'm not even sure you're receiving what I'm sending. Do you mind using my Gmail for now:  blah-blah@gmail.com and resend anything you've sent in the last couple of days"?  I really, really find that embarrassing.  I'm also in favour of*some* kind of compensation showing that Telus truly recognizes the inconvenience of this.  It's not by far the worst thing in the world, but it's something we pay for and we're not getting the benefit of it.

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
Definitely! We pay a lot for telus services. They need to post updates as to when the service will be restored instead of leaving everyone just hanging. They offered me a couple of movies to compensate for my inconvenience...
Ceedee
Organizer

I recall speaking to a TELUS Rep the last time this issue was happening on Day 2 and was told I would get compensation on my next TELUS bill....still waiting. This is so frustrating for me let alone all the people who rely on this service for their occupations! Man Frustrated

kosh
Resident

Hi,

Any news? 

I called in earlier today and was told they are still working on it.  It is Sunday aeveing and I still cannot receive any emails.

I used my email for work and this is getting pretty bad.

Am I the only one ??

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
No, haven't heard anything. I also have not tried calling again but may have to do so, patience is running out.
Highlighted
Bricoleur
Friendly Neighbour

Sunday and still down -  ?

Did your killing of CDMA  screw LTE or is this a separate incompetenceve any estimate how many resets to your server will it take to get everyone p and running again?

Why don't you at least give updates on is ou site?

Do you really have a customer service function - or just fake it here?