cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
Still not 100% but getting there...

Bricoleur
Friendly Neighbour

They are still pretending that it was intermittent AND not a big deal as it didn’t effect anyone.,

Hubris and slimy behaviour on top of the incompetence and terrible customer support.

It would seem a safe bet that they will not have learned anything from this and the downward spiral is likely to continue.

Report from Salmon Arm  - we are on high speed fiberoptic - we have 3 home @telus.net accounts.

One account was fine and never affected.

The other two were down - could not receive any emails from Friday to Tuesday (though some sent emails were getting out)

This was both on our home computer (Mac OS Sierra)  and on accessing webmail.telus.net directly (both with our home computer and on our business computer at our different work location (Windows based)

Sometimes we could log in to the webmail account and see the messages, but were never able to read them  "the service you are requesting is not available" or something similar (should have taken screen shots)

Now everything is up and seems to be running smoothly and quickly.

I just received a phone call from a Telus sales person today - asking if I wanted to take advantage of a sales promotion for their television channels.

He was unaware of the recent email outage across BC and Alberta, and said he would look into it and report back to me.

I'll let you know what I hear.

Thanks for everyone's comments on this forum - it really helped to know that it was a widespread Telus issue - and not our home computer/Apple issue       (had our share of those too)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/exim-email-servers-are-now-under-attac...

https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-topics/privacy-breaches/
I do not know if Telus uses Exim mail server, however I believe it is the law to report this type of breach as laid out the latest legislation. We did loose access to provided services. I for one cannot be sure Telus has not been compromised. This had all the hallmarks of a sustained campaign denying use and to possibly compromise and gain access of some sort to personal data somehow

Has Telus reported this breach yet

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The mail servers being intermittently down or crashing is a huge leap away from a privacy breach. Telus is using Zimbra not EXIM.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Furthermore during the outage our TELUS email account at our business worked fine sending and receiving.

As @Nighthawk states it’s a pretty far reach for accusations you assume from reading an article on zdnet.

@Nighthawk and @WestCoasterBC thank you for the education. I just wanted to voice a concern as I have seen oddities with this outage that struck me.

You guys are probably right it is a bit of a stretch to state that Telus is under attack and our personal info is at risk. well if I assumed that Telus was using Exim, which I wasn't sure at first. I have confirmed they are using Zimbra or at least a portion of the software suite, commercially Re-branded of course. 

I have read many security articles however came across this https://blog.zimbra.com/2019/05/9826/

I know the sky is not falling and the evidence is limited to none. I am not sure how up to date they patch their systems  and am "certain" we have nothing to worry about. Telus has this all under control and on top of it.

who am I,  just a concerned customer/shareholder. 

Vancouver Island here. Down for 3 days and counting.  Love to know what they mean by 10% too.  webmail.telus.net says it doesn't exist anymore - so are they doing that based on location?  But I see folks on here from Red Deer to Vancouver all saying the same thing.  NO EMAIL.  Grr.  My sympathies to anyone running a business and relying on this.  

@BusyBee wrote:

Vancouver Island here. Down for 3 days and counting.  Love to know what they mean by 10% too.  webmail.telus.net says it doesn't exist anymore - so are they doing that based on location?  But I see folks on here from Red Deer to Vancouver all saying the same thing.  NO EMAIL.  Grr.  My sympathies to anyone running a business and relying on this.  

Sure is a lot of 10 percenters here lol.

Same experience in Calgary.

Has TELUS heard about backup with regular testing.

I would like to know who reviews their internet security and backup plans.

Is this a hack also that we have not been alerted to?

Went to my shop at a different location than my home (Vancouver) tried logging in to Telus webmail and unable to. 08/17 12:15 PM.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

So is the SMTP server. Can't send emails. Receiving okay via Mail program.

Okay, now everything is down. Not good.

again.....

Service is still down in Victoria, any upfdate ? It is now Sunday at 11:49 AM

SO WTF IS GOING ON??
Been down all day, your propeller heads all on holidays or something?
Pathetic!

Telus;
no matter Telus's problem with a service you are getting paid to supply, and Telus pounds to customers to go paperless, along with most large businesses how is this supposed to work when the service constantly crashes?

My wife's email is working, mine is atill down, WTF¿?

Micheal
Just Moved In

So the last update for the webmail issue was 8 hours ago! It would be nice to get a more current update on the matter, this issue has been going on since about 11am on Friday. 

Its getting to me more of a larger issue for some of us that require webmail to perform work related tasks.

Please update!!!!

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please post replies to one of the many existing discussions on this topic.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂