Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
We had to turn over control by remote to a tech from Telus....he knew his stuff and got us back on track. His name was Brex.

Fisherguy
Advocate

Just when I thought things were getting back to normal...Capture pop.JPG

Tandy
Connector

I have not been able to download POP3 to my Mail client since Aug. 15.  

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Tandy wrote:

I have not been able to download POP3 to my Mail client since Aug. 15.  

Then you should be contacting Telus to explore corrections to your account.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Hinton
Connector
Still getting the "No such blob:" error message on one of my three Telus email accounts in SeaMonkey. Can't access any of these on my Android cell phone.
Irishgranny
Ambassador

Everything working great ..finally/  but..cannot delete Junk mail.  Sometimes 1 or 2 recent ones, but have over 30 older ones sitting there that I can't get rid of....any suggestions ???

Highlighted
MrE
Advocate

Still 10 - 20 times a day...

2019.09.27 11:19:53 username@telus.net: DoPOPDownload(flags = 00000030, max msg = ffffffff): full items
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telus.net): Begin execution
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): <rx> -ERR invalid command
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): [tx] USER username
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): <rx> +OK
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): [tx] PASS *****
2019.09.27 11:20:07 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): <rx> -ERR LOGIN failed
2019.09.27 11:20:07 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): Retrying authorization
2019.09.27 11:32:32 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): Disconnected from host
2019.09.27 11:32:32 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): End execution

The POP3 server fails at login.

@telus  Anybody home, any body care?

PS: anyone else also fail to get the promised credit on the last billing cycle ?

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Irishgranny 

Have you tried using the check boxes by each email an choosing delete (en mass?).  I found that worked for some I was having trouble addressing.

NFtoBC
Irishgranny
Ambassador

Yes tried that...checking each one individually, then trying to delete...also checking the whole thing at once and hit delete..still nothing.  I know with the "Trash" file...going one by one worked but not for "Junk" ///maybe it's aptly named !

polecat
Ambassador

@Irishgranny  Maybe a dumb idea-----Right click items in junk folder and drag them to trash folder then try to delete them. Polecat

polecat
Ambassador

@Irishgranny  When i decide to purge emails in my folders i drag them to trash and check them then delete them. So i get the right ones deleted.Polcat

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Hi Polecat....tried that but can't move anything from Junk mail.  Guess I'm going to have to put my life on Hold and phone Telus.  Not that I NEED to delete them, but with the number of them, it's taking up a lot of space.  Thanks for trying, anyhow.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Irishgranny 

There's space for thousands of emails on your webmail space. You can safely ignore your junk folder for the next few years.

NFtoBC
polecat
Ambassador

@Irishgranny  OK ---- 2 years ago i had a complete mess with email. 3 devices some on pop some on imap. Some on outlook or windows mail or telus webmail. Used a rep and he changed all devices to imap and telus webmail. All works good to this day and very happy with the webmail. O i was only out 24 hrs with the outage and all came back fine.  I remember a conflict happened because of different mail sites and the mix of pop and imap. That"s all i know. Polecat

bcast
Resident

our webmail has not worked since the big outage. it kicks back to sign in, drafts kick back also, cannot delete,

cannot send. We have had to sign in over 6 times to try to do business. Have tried different browsers, removing telus and rebooting, nothing has worked. Am deaf so need chatline, good luck with that. Am about to give up and go to shaw. Just thought we would give them a month to get it together.

bcast
Resident

How did you get telus webmail on windows live mail ?

We had that with shaw and it worked great.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Here are the instructions: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-telus-email-windows-live-mail

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Irishgranny
Ambassador

Thanks...hopefully it won't take that long to finish ironing out the kinks !

Tony4
Connector

Likewise. No email at all. Keep calling, they keep saying no estimate for the fix...   Now over 6 weeks.   Sigh

polecat
Ambassador

@Tony4  It would be a pain butt why not ask for a new email address. Lot of work after to put in address manually. Polecat