cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Boost - Not Available

Powderjockey
Advisor

Wifi Boost says there is not internet service available for my address, yet I'm running Fibre at 25 down.

How is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Boost starter packs come with 2 pods and each expansion pack after that is a single pod. For a house with 1200 sq feet it would be best to place the 2 pods at opposite ends or if it's multi storey one on the lower level and one on the upper level.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What is Wi-Fi Boost? Is it a service external to Telus offerings, or do you mean their Boost Wi-Fi devices?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Sorry, yes it would be Boost Wifi.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I recall, Boost Wi-Fi is not available in all markets Telus serves, though it should be available to you if you have Fibre Internet service. Once you have the devices, which may also be available from Telus retail outlets, you need follow the instructions in the App, which is pretty straightforward.

NFtoBC

i see in smaller type to call for Boost Wifi if one is already Telus subscriber. I will give them a call tonight and see if I can order them.

Another question, just wondering about the single booster vs the 2 units. Do you have any thoughts? The house is about 1200 sq/ft.

Thanks for the replies.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Powderjockey 

My house is about the same size, and I use two boosters. Remember, you need enough overlap to get a strong signal to the further reaches of a house.

NFtoBC

Boost starter packs come with 2 pods and each expansion pack after that is a single pod. For a house with 1200 sq feet it would be best to place the 2 pods at opposite ends or if it's multi storey one on the lower level and one on the upper level.

Boost wifi ordered, so we'll see what happens in a week or so.

Thanks for the help.