Telus webmail down yet again

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I agree with the poster who said, put back the previous version until they actually fix this one - that would provide the least disruption to paying customers while the Telus team figures out the problem(s) and make this essential service actually work!  (I wonder if Darren's email is down... or perhaps he uses gmail!)

Resident

The posts claiming this outage is limited to customers who have changed their email or are using Telus webmail are wrong. I have not changed my password and I use Thunderbird as an email client. Yet neither webmail nor Thunderbird is working. It's now 11:30 Wednesday morning, yet this problem was first identified yesterday afternoon. Surely Telus can address a critical fault in their system faster than this...

Highlighted
Resident

I have not changed my password and still cannot get logged in to check e-mail

Highlighted
Neighbour

yup, since yesterday, I'm in Alberta

Highlighted
Neighbour

mines been changed for about 3-4 weeks. so not a new change.

Highlighted
Resident
I am on my phone and I cannot get e-mail.

It is the only way I have of communicating at this time.

Hope the problem is solved soon.😕
Highlighted
Neighbour

@JimJohwrote:

In Spruce Grove, AB. Attempting to log into Telus webmail since Tuesday afternoon. Checked this neighborhood site and SAME problem as everyone else it appears. Some suggesting that this has to do with updating a password! I haven't changed password in over 6 months and that shouldn't matter.

Please fix.

Now I see a redirection to Telus message..." Looks like we can't find that page. What would you like to do?"

I'm in SG as well. down since yesterday, no other device can access it either. Like everyone else I have work and time sensitive issues that need dealing with. Annoying to say the least.  Gmail is working fine...I will be requesting a credit of some sort as well like some other folks. ugh...:(

Highlighted
Resident
This has been an ongoing issue for our business. Last week our business emails were reset and we lost all our emails. A lot of important files and emails lost and no way to retrieve them.
Highlighted
Resident
In the past month our webmail has been down at least three times. The last time this happened Telus reset our accounts and all our emails and files were lost and there’s no way to restore them. Why all the issues lately? Maybe it’s time to switch providers.
Highlighted
Resident

Telus should post and do some explaining, like when will this be fixed?  This is my 2nd day with webmail down and I really need it to be working.  Am waiting for an important email and I must be able to respond.  What's up Telus?  Will you be giving me a credit for service not provided?

Highlighted
Neighbour

I'm in eastern BC, was able to get on about an hour ago, tried to answer an email but it just gave me the spinning circle. Now can't get in again and am getting the ???ladp.LDAP_ERROR??? again.  What a FUBAR.

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

UPDATE:

Webmail Services are experiencing an interruption which may result in being intermittently unable to connect to the service and being unable to reset email passwords. We are working to restore services as quickly as possible. Further updates will be provided as they become available and can be followed by visiting 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/ONGOING-Interruption-of-TELUS-net-Webmail-Services/ta-p/84...

Highlighted
Neighbour

The interruption is more than intermittent - it is on-going for some time!  Some explanation as to why this has occurred, and perhaps a time estimate, would be greatly appreciated!

(And by the way, the link to the status page didn't even work - I received a "Server not found" error...!!)

Highlighted
Organizer

Link doesn't workSmiley Surprised

Highlighted
Resident

This has been a big hit to my online business. I am beyond frustrated !

Highlighted
Resident

This has been a big hit to my online business. I am beyond frustrated !

I am on the mainland Lions bay

Highlighted
Highlighted
Neighbour

This issue is understandable as it is modern technology, but...and it is a BIG but, the AMOUNT of time it is taking to resolve the problem is totally unacceptable...these 'trained' technicians should be able to resolve 'any' technical issue in a more acceptable time frame than what we have experienced here...conceivably we should have our bill reduced for service(s) lost...but sadly we know that Telus would never think of losing money by doing that for it's customers...

Highlighted
Resident

The link is fixed. Great.  But there is exactly zero new information.  The link leads to a post that's 24 hours old.  How about a real update with a real explanation?  Better yet, how about getting the service working again?  Email is not exactly cutting edge technology anymore and this is supposed to be a core competency for an internet service provider like Telus.  Yet you struggle to keep the service working.  Seriously, what is up with that?

While you're down I'm spending my time researching alternatives.  

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

This has gone on for far too long!!  I will be contacting another service provider when I return to Victoria, I'm in Ottawa dealing with a family emergency and having no access to my Telus email is beyond frustrating!   TELUS's lack of customer service is rather pathetic!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
@WheresOurEmail
The report of the incident has been updated a number of times since first created, however, none with a time of resolution. Until Telus finds the issue, it is impossible to post a timeline to resolution.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident

Can't log into email service, but their billing site is working flawlessly - no log-in or password issues there!

Highlighted
Resident

The report has not been updated in any useful way that I can discern.  It is exactly the same message I've been seeing all day.  The gist is "we don't know what's wrong and we don't know how long it will take to fix it".  Just to be sure I'm linking to the correct non-information, I've copied and pasted below.  So, if you have the chutzpah to assert that "the report of the incident has been updated several times", then, show me the changes over the past, say, 8 hours because it sure doesn't look like an update to me.

Service(s):  TELUS.net Webmail services
Impact(s):  Interruption of services

Start:  2018-04-17 16:04 (ET)
Status:  We are currently investigating the cause and working to restore services, but do not have an ETR at this time
Root Cause:  Undetermined at this time

Issues: Webmail Services are experiencing an interruption which may result in being intermittently unable to connect to the service and being unable to reset email passwords. We are working to restore services as quickly as possible. Further updates and estimated restoration times will be provided as they become available.

Highlighted
Resident

That's bull, because I haven't changed my (cryptic) email in over a year

Highlighted
Connector

I noticed too when trying to log in that a warning appears informing that your account is locked after 10 unsuccessful log-in attempts. So this means that there will be a massive line-up of people trying to get their accounts unlocked after this is fixed?

Fun times!

Highlighted
Neighbour

@NFtoBCwrote:
@WheresOurEmail
The report of the incident has been updated a number of times since first created, however, none with a time of resolution. Until Telus finds the issue, it is impossible to post a timeline to resolution.

I'm sorry, but the notion the notion that it is impossible to estimate even a rough time that it will take to fix the broken email issue is ridiculous.  Nobody's asking for a detailed timeline, but most professions can ballpark targets for deliverables (e.g. hours? 1/2 day? 2 days?), and given that Telus is an experienced vendor, to suggest otherwise depicts a lack of responsibility.

The only timeline that is impossible to estimate is how long it might take to win back customer satisfaction with the lack of any real updates.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I just got in, read a couple of emails and responded to one. Keeping fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@WheresOurEmail

Since I did not keep a cut and past of each iteration, I can't prove to your satisfaction there have been changes, but this morning, there was reference to being able to access mail through clients on computers and tablets, and links to the process to set up such clients. These have since been removed. While the substance has not changed - there is still no timeline for restoration of service, there have been updates to the information contained in the message.

I agree that Telus could manage this better.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident

@hologram123wrote:

UPDATE:

Webmail Services are experiencing an interruption which may result in being intermittently unable to connect to the service and being unable to reset email passwords. We are working to restore services as quickly as possible. Further updates will be provided as they become available and can be followed by visiting 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/ONGOING-Interruption-of-TELUS-net-Webmail-Services/ta-p/84...

This a link to a post from yesterday.  It only mentions webmail services.  It does not address my ongoing problems trying to use an email (POP3) client. 

Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Just did a test. It appears to be stable and working for me.

I was able to delete emails, change folders and read emails without being logged off.

How does it look for others?