Telus webmail down yet again

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

No kidding, "why is this?"  If this monolith Telus does not fix this problem today, I cancel their shoddy service.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Email works fine if you use an email client on your device. So there is a work-around. Guessing the issue with the webmail front-end is not simple to find, else it would be fixed already.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour

I totally concur...my Son has Shaw  and he never experiences problems like Telus does...Telus has become a horrible provider indeed...

Highlighted
Neighbour

The issue has not been resolved, I still can't login from the telus webmail site. This is almost 24 hours now  and its affecting my business ... telus, you need to fix this!

Highlighted
Resident

Why don't you back out the problem version and restore the previous good version?

Highlighted
Resident

The issue is NOT confined to accounts whose passwords have recently changed as I have not changed ours-- in spite of constant reminders and having to try log in twice at every log in attempt since the change reminders have been introduced .(something I assumed was punishment of not changing my password).

The "workaround" in the message from Telus to use a mobile device or tablet does NOT work either.

Highlighted
Resident

In Spruce Grove, AB. Attempting to log into Telus webmail since Tuesday afternoon. Checked this neighborhood site and SAME problem as everyone else it appears. Some suggesting that this has to do with updating a password! I haven't changed password in over 6 months and that shouldn't matter.

Please fix.

Now I see a redirection to Telus message..." Looks like we can't find that page. What would you like to do?"

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Rob4wrote:

The "workaround" in the message from Telus to use a mobile device or tablet does NOT work either.

It was working for me an hour ago using Apple Mail on my computer and iPhone.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Ambassador

Still not working for me in Outlook.

Task 'xxxxxxx@telus.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR internal server error'

All of our agents are currently serving other customers. There are 151 people ahead of you in the queue.

Friendly Neighbour

Only have tried to login to webmail using a browser, sounds like using an email client works OK but maybe that is not true either because canucks4life is having trouble with Outlook. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, it is extremely irritating travelling and not having access to our emails...

Highlighted
Neighbour

The whole point of their webmail service for me is I DON'T want to import mail to my computer. I leave everything on their server. No problems with viruses that way and I can access everything from any computer...This outage is LONG in the tooth and totally unacceptable.

@NFtoBCwrote:

Email works fine if you use an email client on your device. So there is a work-around. Guessing the issue with the webmail front-end is not simple to find, else it would be fixed already.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I managed to get them on the line. They told me, 4 hours ago, they would call my cell when the problem was fixed. Oh, bravo.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Well I didn't change my password so I don't qualify. Where is my service?

Highlighted
Resident

The service outage says use a mail client, but my mail client isn't working either.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@lairdmacwrote:

The service outage says use a mail client, but my mail client isn't working either.

Yes. A recent change since about 9:00 PDT this morning. The Service Outage page is being updated with this new info.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Resident

same problem one day okay for email next Telus doesn't have certificate clearance and internet blocks my access to email

Highlighted
Resident
just tried at public computer in library on vancouver island.webmail page not found.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@bluedais check out the Info more then likely reason behind it.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Resident

What is the estimated time for getting it up and running?

Highlighted
Neighbour

I was down most of yesterday. Tried this morning and got in although took a while. Checked again now, 2 hours later and nothing, just bounced out to Telus.com error page. Hopefully will be fixed soon as I'm expecting an email with some important info. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Now I'm getting this, it's now 13:34 where I am near Ottawa Ontario.  I am in Ontario (from Victoria) due to a family emergency and TELUS Webmail is how I'm communicating with family here.   I need access!  This is a very long and annoying outage!

Looks like we can’t find that page.

What would you like to do?

You can go to our home page, visit our Support section or search:

Highlighted
Resident

cannot login to webmail, first it says internal error . then it tells me I am entering password wrong, which I am not , tells me to reset, so I hit reset, sending to email the link...one problem ...cant log in!!! only after when I go to contact Telus do I find out there is a problem, so now do I still have to change password ??

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@KWSvictoria @Leslie-Jane You’ll have to wait it out or follow the suggestions here. Haven’t had an issue with using a mail client. 

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dodinator Plenty of discussions on the topic. 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/ONGOING-Interruption-of-TELUS-net-Webmail-Services/ta-p/84...

Highlighted
Connector

Same issue in New West, nogo with outlook on win7 and nogo on my Samsung phone and pad.

Highlighted
Resident
My Telus email has been down for about 3 days in Abbotsford BC .. just checked 5 minutes ago .. won't take password retype it .. error code xxxxxccc92
Highlighted
Resident

Telus has been asking me to change passwords for quite some time.....I have not done so yet.....so your statement is not quite correct !!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@NFtoBCwrote:

@lairdmacwrote:

Yes. A recent change since about 9:00 PDT this morning. The Service Outage page is being updated with this new info.

As of 11:20 PDT my email client is working.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Resident

I have not been able to get in since yesterday afternoon

Then this morning it worked for a bit  then closed me down again.  since 9am

Highlighted
Resident

Can’t get through to anyone at TELUS using chat - #250+ in queue and then it just disconnects me at random after waiting in line for a few minutes (4x I tried and got booted off every time?!). I tried calling, but endlessly on hold there too.

Their email service has been down since yesterday afternoon, but not surprisingly, the billing pages are up and working. Sorry if I sound a little cynical, but having no email service on any devices, local mail client or web based for nearly 24 hours now begs the question why they don’t have any backup service.