cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus webmail down yet again

kruisey
Advisor

This is happening all the time why is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey guys!

Webmail is in fact down. So sorry for the inconvenience!!! It has been down for the last few hours.

Here is the status: 

Issue Details:

Error and latency is experienced within TELUS.net webmail
  • Users are delayed or unable to access their email services

Actions / Updates:

INITIAL - Apr 17, 17:08 ET
  • Issue is isolated to email accounts whose password was just changed
  • Support teams continue to investigate, no ETR

We do not have an ETR but the fact it has been reported is great and we are on it to fix ASAP! Hang tight and thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

132 REPLIES 132

Same issue in New West, nogo with outlook on win7 and nogo on my Samsung phone and pad.

Brippel
Just Moved In

What is the estimated time for getting it up and running?

I was down most of yesterday. Tried this morning and got in although took a while. Checked again now, 2 hours later and nothing, just bounced out to Telus.com error page. Hopefully will be fixed soon as I'm expecting an email with some important info. 

The issue has not been resolved, I still can't login from the telus webmail site. This is almost 24 hours now  and its affecting my business ... telus, you need to fix this!

JimJoh
Just Moved In

In Spruce Grove, AB. Attempting to log into Telus webmail since Tuesday afternoon. Checked this neighborhood site and SAME problem as everyone else it appears. Some suggesting that this has to do with updating a password! I haven't changed password in over 6 months and that shouldn't matter.

Please fix.

Now I see a redirection to Telus message..." Looks like we can't find that page. What would you like to do?"

@JimJohwrote:

In Spruce Grove, AB. Attempting to log into Telus webmail since Tuesday afternoon. Checked this neighborhood site and SAME problem as everyone else it appears. Some suggesting that this has to do with updating a password! I haven't changed password in over 6 months and that shouldn't matter.

Please fix.

Now I see a redirection to Telus message..." Looks like we can't find that page. What would you like to do?"

I'm in SG as well. down since yesterday, no other device can access it either. Like everyone else I have work and time sensitive issues that need dealing with. Annoying to say the least.  Gmail is working fine...I will be requesting a credit of some sort as well like some other folks. ugh...:(

Leslie-Jane
Friendly Neighbour

Now I'm getting this, it's now 13:34 where I am near Ottawa Ontario.  I am in Ontario (from Victoria) due to a family emergency and TELUS Webmail is how I'm communicating with family here.   I need access!  This is a very long and annoying outage!

Looks like we can’t find that page.

What would you like to do?

You can go to our home page, visit our Support section or search:

Having a similar issue:  Webmail keeps bouncing me back to the log in or "change your password" page every minute or so.  I keep losing messages I'm in the middle of composing.  Spoke with tech support for about an hour (after half an hour on hold) while they made me jump through the hoops of re-booting my computer, etc even though it's happening to my wife as well on a separate computer plus a family computer (all Macs) and a business PC I have.  Clearly it's something to do with their implementation of webmail.  I wonder if it may have something to do with my refusal to change my password but if this is their way of forcing me to follow their password policy it's pretty shabby and I'll be looking for a new provider.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@_paddy

Make sure to check the “Remember Me” box on the login page.

And no, it is not about changing passwords. I have been ignoring that request for over a year, and can login.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Yeah, I have that checked.

@_paddywrote:

Spoke with tech support for about an hour (after half an hour on hold) while they made me jump through the hoops of re-booting my computer, etc

It's ridiculous. In 2018, telling customers to re-boot anything in an instance like this is insulting and a waste of everybody's time. This "advice" should be struck from the support list. "Clearing browser cache" should be struck too. Better to say the truth up-front, "We have no idea right now. Make yourself a drink and wait it out," and stop wasting the customer's time.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Lolawrote:

It's ridiculous. In 2018, telling customers to re-boot anything in an instance like this is insulting and a waste of everybody's time. This "advice" should be struck from the support list. "Clearing browser cache" should be struck too. Better to say the truth up-front, "We have no idea right now. Make yourself a drink and wait it out," and stop wasting the customer's time.

There are still instances where rebooting a device correct errors. It is still a valid step, especially if the device has been running for some days. Have experienced it both first and second hand, where a reboot corrects problems.

NFtoBC

And in particular when there are 3 other computers having the same issue, 2 of which had just been booted to check and were on different OS.  The only thing in common is they're coming form the same home ip address.  Not sure if (and if, why) their server would be forcing the log ins from the same ip address.

The issue is NOT confined to accounts whose passwords have recently changed as I have not changed ours-- in spite of constant reminders and having to try log in twice at every log in attempt since the change reminders have been introduced .(something I assumed was punishment of not changing my password).

The "workaround" in the message from Telus to use a mobile device or tablet does NOT work either.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Rob4wrote:

The "workaround" in the message from Telus to use a mobile device or tablet does NOT work either.

It was working for me an hour ago using Apple Mail on my computer and iPhone.

NFtoBC

Still not working for me in Outlook.

Task '[email protected] - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR internal server error'

All of our agents are currently serving other customers. There are 151 people ahead of you in the queue.

Only have tried to login to webmail using a browser, sounds like using an email client works OK but maybe that is not true either because canucks4life is having trouble with Outlook. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, it is extremely irritating travelling and not having access to our emails...

Well I didn't change my password so I don't qualify. Where is my service?

Telus has been asking me to change passwords for quite some time.....I have not done so yet.....so your statement is not quite correct !!

I have not changed my password and still cannot get logged in to check e-mail

This has been an ongoing issue for our business. Last week our business emails were reset and we lost all our emails. A lot of important files and emails lost and no way to retrieve them.