cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus webmail down yet again

kruisey
Advisor

This is happening all the time why is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey guys!

Webmail is in fact down. So sorry for the inconvenience!!! It has been down for the last few hours.

Here is the status: 

Issue Details:

Error and latency is experienced within TELUS.net webmail
  • Users are delayed or unable to access their email services

Actions / Updates:

INITIAL - Apr 17, 17:08 ET
  • Issue is isolated to email accounts whose password was just changed
  • Support teams continue to investigate, no ETR

We do not have an ETR but the fact it has been reported is great and we are on it to fix ASAP! Hang tight and thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

132 REPLIES 132

Telus should post and do some explaining, like when will this be fixed?  This is my 2nd day with webmail down and I really need it to be working.  Am waiting for an important email and I must be able to respond.  What's up Telus?  Will you be giving me a credit for service not provided?

I'm in eastern BC, was able to get on about an hour ago, tried to answer an email but it just gave me the spinning circle. Now can't get in again and am getting the ???ladp.LDAP_ERROR??? again.  What a FUBAR.

UPDATE:

Webmail Services are experiencing an interruption which may result in being intermittently unable to connect to the service and being unable to reset email passwords. We are working to restore services as quickly as possible. Further updates will be provided as they become available and can be followed by visiting 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/ONGOING-Interruption-of-TELUS-net-Webmail-Services/ta-p/84...

The interruption is more than intermittent - it is on-going for some time!  Some explanation as to why this has occurred, and perhaps a time estimate, would be greatly appreciated!

(And by the way, the link to the status page didn't even work - I received a "Server not found" error...!!)

Link doesn't workSmiley Surprised

This has gone on for far too long!!  I will be contacting another service provider when I return to Victoria, I'm in Ottawa dealing with a family emergency and having no access to my Telus email is beyond frustrating!   TELUS's lack of customer service is rather pathetic!

@hologram123wrote:

UPDATE:

Webmail Services are experiencing an interruption which may result in being intermittently unable to connect to the service and being unable to reset email passwords. We are working to restore services as quickly as possible. Further updates will be provided as they become available and can be followed by visiting 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/ONGOING-Interruption-of-TELUS-net-Webmail-Services/ta-p/84...

This a link to a post from yesterday.  It only mentions webmail services.  It does not address my ongoing problems trying to use an email (POP3) client. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@lairdmacwrote:

This a link to a post from yesterday.  It only mentions webmail services.  It does not address my ongoing problems trying to use an email (POP3) client. 

There have been a few users describing difficulties with POP3 and Outlook. A search will allow you to see if others share your experience.  

If the other discussions do not match your situation, you should start a new thread with your experience so it can be properly assessed.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

This is ridiculous!!!   I managed to login, started an email to my family who are anxiously awaiting an update concerning a family emergency and boom, I got kicked out of webmail!   What is TELUS doing?  Who do you have working on this serious service outage?   I am so angry, I will attempt a CHAT with someone at TELUS!  

That's bull, because I haven't changed my (cryptic) email in over a year

I noticed too when trying to log in that a warning appears informing that your account is locked after 10 unsuccessful log-in attempts. So this means that there will be a massive line-up of people trying to get their accounts unlocked after this is fixed?

Fun times!

I haven't changed my password recently and I haven't been able to get into webmail for 2 days now/

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I just logged into mine without an issue. Reach out to TELUS in one of the many options available here.

@terrya wrote:

I haven't changed my password recently and I haven't been able to get into webmail for 2 days now/

I too am having no problems now, nor for the last month.

Any chance you are using the Edge browser?  If so, stop.

Otherwise, what browser are you using?

Considering that your remarks are supposedly dated April 17 (while it is only April 4th.  What are you doing to fix this.  This is the 5th day that I have been unable to access my webmail.

@terrya Try using another browser. Do not use Outlook, Mac Mail, etc. Microsoft Edge is having issues, try Chrome. If not, try calling in.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@terrya  I suggest you contact TELUS to have a look at your issue here. Webmail has been working for me no issues with my personal and business email.

If it was a widespread issue there would be a lot of chatter on the forums.

Why don't you back out the problem version and restore the previous good version?

I agree with the poster who said, put back the previous version until they actually fix this one - that would provide the least disruption to paying customers while the Telus team figures out the problem(s) and make this essential service actually work!  (I wonder if Darren's email is down... or perhaps he uses gmail!)

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's taking forever to log in for me currently. Painfully slow.

edit: @MTL_Dave You are fast. Our posts were mere seconds apart 😉

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

POP is not working for me either 😞

Task '[email protected] - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR internal server error'