cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus mesh Wi-Fi setting

rb88
Organizer
I baught the boost mesh Wi-Fi from telus. Currently the t3200 I have has band steering OFF with ssid name the same minus the ending 2g/5g for both ghz. the mesh Wi-Fi works best with band steering on as it just pushes to ONE synced SSid but this isn’t what I want, in the my Wi-Fi app you can change the Wi-Fi ssid for the BOOSters, but only to one name. Therefore I have to choose to name it ssid2.4g or ssid5g and only when connected the name I change it too ,will I benefit from the boosters, I am looking to see if anyone knows a way to have the 2 ssids broadcasted and boosted through the new boosters as the modem does instead of only being able to name one, and get the benefits of the boosted when connected to that specific one I named. Hope that makes sense, you cannot game the boosters ssid independently, one choice for both
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you set the booster mesh with a different SSID from the T3200M, you will have the most success. This will allow any wireless device to most effectively connect to 2.4 or 5 GHz, and thence to your network. Using the Boosters in this manner resolves issues the T3200M has with wireless devices connecting fully to,your network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you set the booster mesh with a different SSID from the T3200M, you will have the most success. This will allow any wireless device to most effectively connect to 2.4 or 5 GHz, and thence to your network. Using the Boosters in this manner resolves issues the T3200M has with wireless devices connecting fully to,your network.

NFtoBC

Thanks for the response, so, use a seperate ssid for the booster and connect to that?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@rb88wrote:
Thanks for the response, so, use a seperate ssid for the booster and connect to that?

Exactly!

NFtoBC