cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus blocking NiceHash on TCP 3353?

McFly10
Neighbour

Hey Telus,

What's up with port blocking TCP 3353 to daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com:3353 and the eu/in/etc servers?

Why would you guys port block TCP 3353?

I had to use a VPN to get past this - so I'd like to know why Telus would do this... the moment I turned on the VPN - issue gone.

It's not like this is eating a lot of bandwidth, and NiceHash isn't a service commonly used by any malware... so - why would you even "do" this? Haha

Thanks,

McFly10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

McFly10
Neighbour

Haha - not even a reply from a Telus rep? Tried three DNS servers, yours and others, only way it worked was in the VPN tunnel...

Then, it mysteriously repairs itself two days later... Haha - the magic of some failover interconnections and a some networker with a dream.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

McFly10
Neighbour

Haha - not even a reply from a Telus rep? Tried three DNS servers, yours and others, only way it worked was in the VPN tunnel...

Then, it mysteriously repairs itself two days later... Haha - the magic of some failover interconnections and a some networker with a dream.

JTL
Advocate

It worked for me on the day you complained.

nc -vvv daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com 3356 worked from a linux box on my LAN and another whose internet is not Telus.