cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Live Chat not working??

AzNightmare
Friendly Neighbour

Hi, 

I've been trying to contact Telus via live chat for the past 2 weeks and I get this message every single time.

I've always contacted Telus live chat for the last 2 years, so yes, I am doing everything correctly. This is incredibly frustrating. I managed to call in last Saturday (after waiting for an hour) and the service rep told me he's not sure what happened to live chat. I also ordered Telus wifi extenders 3 weeks ago and I've still not received them. The service rep told me he'll check what's going on and give me a call back within 2 days. Lo and behold, I hear nothing and never receive a call back. It is now Tuesday. And I can bet my wifi extender issue is not being taken care of. Now today, my co-worker was able to log into Live Chat, and I am trying again, and once again, I get the message below:

Did these guys block my account or something? WTF is going on.

12 REPLIES 12

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I see the same response. Have you tried other categories of support for the chat?

You can also reach out to their social media team on Twitter (@TELUSsupport) or Facebook (facebook.com/telus)

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I tried billing and internet and TV tech support.  All have the same error.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Tested just now had no issuse and connected in literally 10 seconds.

Chat started: 14:43

14:43 - Sheryle said:
Welcome to TELUS Residential Technical Chat Support Repair Centre for Copper, my name is Sheryle and I will be assisting you today.

I finally connected with an agent. It seems the copper wire department is still available, so if you do end up connecting with someone, it will be someone in that department. But I was told the Pure Fiber department is closed and any agents working on the live chat have been moved over to the phone line.

While that copper wire is starting to go obsolete, it's kind of baffling to me why Telus has decided to make this change.

If anything, the copper wire should be the department being phased out. In my experiences, Live chat has been more helpful since I can keep record of all the dialogue and things can be explained clearly in writing. I really hope this is not permanent.

There is a lot more copper only services then you think. Even though there has been many fibre build outs, there are many that can’t get it for various reasons.

Ah I see. Good point. Either way, I think they should keep both departments. Live chat is super helpful. 

Rod49
Neighbour

May 14 7:39 am received the same message, wondering if it’s not available until 8 or 9 am?  Can’t find hours listed anywhere 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Took longer to fill out the form, then chat with an agent

CFFC3D2E-03B3-4656-B347-A1D34210F27A.png

Tried again at 8:50 and got the same message.  Not a very reliable service.

AzNightmare
Friendly Neighbour
Depending on what your issue is (based on your responses), you can only get an agent if it's to do with copper line issues, as that's the only department that has live chat now.

If it's about pure fiber or billing issue, those departments closed their live chat. Very inconvenient. On the flip side, their phone lines are 24 hrs. I tried calling in the middle of the night at 3am one time and someone picked up within a minute. Seems silly to call so late, but maybe worth a try to call at hours when there is low traffic.

Caitlin65231
Just Moved In

Chat appears to be working fine for me.

Make sure you're using a computer, live chat doesn't work on Mobile Devices.  Fill in the appropriate details, new or existing customer, which area for the issue, name and phone number.

You must enter a phone number for the "start chat" to work.

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 11.19.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-29 at 11.25.34 AM.png

What options did you choose? Either they fixed it recently or the options you chose lead to the copper department.

I've already established this fact by talking to various agents and on the phone earlier.