cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tells t3200m

kpalsen
Neighbour

i have optic pure fibre 150/150 but I'm getting huge lag on my ps4 during gaming. i have my lan wire plug in and i feel like my connection should be a lot better with the fibre connection. any help would be happy 

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

PS4 has has a lot of people worldwide complaining about slow connections since the PS4 was released. What is your definition of "huge lag"? Are you referring to latency while playing games, or overal slow download speeds? How are you measuring the lag?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Call of duty servers are crap or my latency is bad in my area. I have a netduma r1 but still that doesn’t help me much with a crisp connection

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you search online, there are a lot of people on PS4s complaining about this issue. It's not an isolated case. It won't be bad latency in your area. Having additional routers in the mix can sometimes bring up some latency issues.

If you're playing CoD WWII, the matches are basically peer to peer on console. They don't use centralized servers. That means if one player in that match is lagging, it can affect all in the match. If there are no players near you (same city, province etc) then CoD will locate the nearest available players and that may mean you'll get a lagger in there also if they are far enough away. If it was just download speeds that were the issue, there is one possible known workaround for that. For latency, it's much harder especially when the matches are p2p.

Have you gone through any of these yet?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Looks like my base ping is 4 ms and my line jittery hitting 30-50ms which is unstable through Telus. Maybe I need to replace my modem