cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS DSL Problems

DennyH19
Helpful Neighbour

TELUS Servers for DSL are really unreliable. I keep unplugging my T3200M modem to get a new ip address, however that does not work. Anything else I can do? 

16 REPLIES 16

rc
Rockstar

Cycling power on the router will not result  in it being assigned a different IP address.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you contacted Telus to check on your service? There isn’t a need to continually reboot it. 

Do you have a issue hard wired or with wifi?

Both. Contacted Telus multiple times. They always think sending a technician every single time I call which does not resolve my issue because the techs say there isn’t anything to be fixed. Tech goes and I call Telus again and tell them we are getting unresponsive internet. It kinda feels to me like Telus will never bring pure fiber to my location which they say they will. Also told me that I had 39 devices connected to my modem which is definitely a lie because I only had 3 devices connected, their customer service is awful. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you want a new IP, you basically need to leave the modem unplugged long enough for the DHCP lease to expire. That could be a few hours or a few days depending on the time remaining. There's still no guarantee at that point to get a new IP address. The less inconvenient alternative is a VPN. What problem are you running into where you need a new IP address? Are you getting some error message or was your current IP address banned by some website, app, or game?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The Telus service is un-reliable. I talked to dsl support and all they did was a reboot and hung up on me. I’m not happy with the service they provided to me today on the phone as they don’t do anything but when I request a callback online and ask to speak to dsl, they transfer me to different agent instead of me calling the 310-8324 number I always get the same agents over and over.

One person didn’t help me at all and said we already talked to you about this issue before and found out that it is congestion even though I only have 1 device connected hardwired. Even told me I have 39 devices which was a lie also. Their customer service has no idea what they doing plus if they want to not help you on the phone and just hang up on you they won’t get any money doing the job at all. 

IP address isn’t blocked on anything it’s just the servers are unreliable and doesn’t give us the right speeds. I have a internet  15 package and all we get is 1mbps download every time with only one device connected 

What program do you use to do the speedtest and what servers to use?

Have you used your browser to connect to the router (192.168.1.254) to determine what and how many  devices are connected to your router?

DennyH19
Helpful Neighbour

Yes and there is 1 device connected and that’s my computer 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you log in to the T3200M and click on Status at the top. What are the numbers beside Upstream Rate and Downstream Rate on the Connection Status page?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Downstream is 18237 kbps and upstream is 1021kbps

rc
Rockstar

What are the results of a speed test on your line?  

You may want to try this link.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/internet-300-mbps-or-lower

Click on how to test your internet then click on Go

You should see speed in line with the line speeds you say when you look at the router web page.

DennyH19
Helpful Neighbour

Download speed is 1mbps and upload is 0.50

How is your computer connected to the Modem, wifi or ethernet cable?

Do you a another device, that you could use to test Wifi  speed through the router.

DennyH19
Helpful Neighbour

I have a iPad and getting the same thing

DennyH19
Helpful Neighbour

Computer on wired

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! Have you been able to get a resolution to this? Let me know, thanks!