cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Kingsland Calgary

westwing77
Neighbour

I am looking to get away from Shaw and want to bring my business to TelusTV however they say they cannot service my area.  I live just a block from McLeod Trail in Kingsland in Calgary.  How do you not service this area?  It’s 2018!  I want to bring my money and choice in TV to Telus but can’t.  I am stuck with Shaw.  Why?

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is Telus service in the area, just not fibre. What is the specific reason they said you cannot get new service at this time?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I wanted Telus Optik TV, Internet, and Phone.  I wanted to do the 2 year plan with the free TV.  No go.  Sad no real competition in this industry stuck with Shaw.  

Got the information I needed.  Telus only offers phone service to my apartment building in Calgary. An inner city neighbourhood.  No Optik TV or internet.  I told them kind of ironic that when people are cutting the cord left and right they can’t offer the full services TV, internet, and phone to a customer willing to pay for it.  Wow no completion in this area at all for some of us.  I guess I am forced to stay with Shaw.  Not happy with any of my options right now.  

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You still have not said what Telus specifically told you as to why you couldn't get service. Optik is available in the area there. A simple address search will show you that.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

They only can do phone in my building.  That what was told to me.  “The only service available at this address is the phone line”.  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

That may, in part, be due to the apartment building owner not wanting to provide access for Telus to the necessary upgrades to bring other than telephone to the building.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"