cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureFibre installation harrassment

JackArthur
Organizer

I have received a letter from Telus FibreUpgrade re. copper network will be shutoff by August 15, 2019 in my neighbourhood. Can they actually leave me without a phone feed if I don't want nor need the Purefibre network? This is what I found on the Telus website, contradictory to what the most recent correspondence received from Telus states??  

https://www.telus.com/en/internet/fibre/faq

What if I don’t want to switch to TELUS PureFibre services? Will TELUS make me switch?

Your existing copper internet service will continue to work as long as it is available in your neighbourhood. However, you can increase your property value simply by installing a fibre optic internet connection on your property.4 Also, in the future if you want more data to support new connected technologies, you can easily and quickly make the switch to TELUS PureFibre.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tai
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hello there @JackArthur and @kms 

Yes what you have been told is correct. In select communities TELUS is replacing existing copper infrastructure with our PureFibre network and as such, copper service will be shutting down. To avoid service interruption during the transition from copper to PureFibre customers will need to schedule a technician visit. The upgrade from the current copper network to PureFibre is mandatory.

Full details are available at telus.com/fibreupgrade.

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47

That is the sort of information which makes me wonder whether I need any service change from Telus. I abandoned Shaw after SEVEN solid months with no service (and there's still after all this time no refund of THREE automatic payments!!!), and the Telus man fixed me up with a fast wireless connection bypassing the old Shaw cable.

Prisca
Helpful Neighbour

I fear after long correspondence that I have to report that Telus appear to be staffed by functional illiterates. No-one at their end can take on board the fact that I'm not on cable at all. I have a wireless connection as my monthly bill shows. Not to mention the further fact that the unused cable here belongs to Shaw not Telus.

How DO people get & keep jobs in these big corporations?

@Prisca wrote:

I fear after long correspondence that I have to report that Telus appear to be staffed by functional illiterates. No-one at their end can take on board the fact that I'm not on cable at all. I have a wireless connection as my monthly bill shows. Not to mention the further fact that the unused cable here belongs to Shaw not Telus.

How DO people get & keep jobs in these big corporations?

Did you read my previous post?

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/PureFibre-installation-harrassment/m-p/122181/highlig...

I also doubt anyone at Telus would claim you are on cable service for Internet if you have a Telus account.

Prisca
Helpful Neighbour

Yes, I have read you post. Thankyou, but it is beside the point.

I have Telus' own advanced WiFi modem. It is a high-performance device that combines a modem and WiFi router. There is a password which must be set. Cable, and Pure Fibre installation, is irrelevant in my case. Hence harassing calls and emails are just that, timewasting harassment by people who don't read or think.

thank you for that info

Resistance is futile: you will be assimilated.

Prisca
Helpful Neighbour

I apologise that I meant to type "Yes, I have read youR post".