cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure Fibre WiFi down many times a day

Darlene1
Coach

Pure Fibre was installed in my apartment in Abbotsford, months ago, but the last few weeks I'm finding the WIFI loses signal constantly throughout the day. I understand it may go down sometimes, but this is not acceptable. I was trying to complete a government form the other day and when signal kept going, had to start all over again. Took me two hours to complete something simple. I was on hold for three hours last week and not calling again. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

telus tech changed wifi channel to get rid of interference

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Parrelium
Friendly Neighbour

If you’re in an apartment I doubt it’s signal strength. You’re likely being flooded with other people’s wifi signals.

things you can do before calling a technician in:

- connect to the 5g SSID with every device you own that is capable. If you have only a TELUSXXXX SSID then you have to disable smartsteering which is in the 192.168.1.254 login page.(admin for user and password is on the actiontec)

once disabled you’ll see a TELUSxxxx-2.4g and a TELUSxxxx-5g SSID.

- download a free wifi analyzer app on your phone or tablet to see how many wifi signals are overlapping.  Any more than 5 or 6 will cause issues.

-hard wire if that’s an option.

There is also the possibility that your router is defective. Telus will replace it if they find that’s the issue, but if you buy your own you’re likely to get a better signal. Their stuff is mid to low grade equipment.  If you don’t have optic tv, it’s as simple as swapping out their black router for your new one. If not it’s a bit more complicated.

Thank you! I suspect many users at once in my apartment. Not understnding the techy but no worries. It will probably subside.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can connect your computer by Ethernet to your Telus router, you may find better connectivity. I’m a great believer in wired connections whenever possible.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

telus tech changed wifi channel to get rid of interference

Still having wifi problems, keeps losing signal. Wait times are ridiculous and so is Chat. I have emailed telust support but they don't have the necessary tools to help. I never had a problem with losing signal. This has been going on for months now. I am paying 85.00 for internet, but not receiving wifi properly. Reading my news feeds, or on social media etc and am constantly having to wait for signal to come back. So upset

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It would help if you gave some information as to what steps you have taken to try and ensure a better signal.

NFtoBC

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Does this thread resonate? Possibly you should add your comments there.

NFtoBC