cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ONT?

MonkeyRPN
Organizer
Hello, I’m just wondering when my 300/300 purefibre was installed, I only have an actiontec modem. Don’t I need another ONT? Also... is there any way to wall mount the Actiontec?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're on fibre you will have an ONT in the house somewhere. The installer may have just run an ethernet line from it to the T3200M instead of having them both beside each other. The T3200M on its own cannot be wall mounted due to its design. Actiontec does have a wall mount for it but I can't find it for sale anywhere and it's just akin to a tiny shelf just big enough for the T3200 to stand on. For me, I have my T3200 on a small shelf along with my other router beside it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're on fibre you will have an ONT in the house somewhere. The installer may have just run an ethernet line from it to the T3200M instead of having them both beside each other. The T3200M on its own cannot be wall mounted due to its design. Actiontec does have a wall mount for it but I can't find it for sale anywhere and it's just akin to a tiny shelf just big enough for the T3200 to stand on. For me, I have my T3200 on a small shelf along with my other router beside it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

While it is possible to connect the Fibre directly to the T3200M, Telus does not usually do it in residential installations, as the ONT also allows the connection of telephone to the Fibre network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Depending on the city you live in, you may have been installed with the new WiFi hub. Telus is slowly rolling out a new Fibre only modem that is made by the same company that manufactures the Boost WiFi product, Arcadyan. These new modems are white and round in shape like a cylinder. They function as both a router and ONT all in one.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Chicnstu 

Are these new devices wall mounted? I can see a lot of broken Fibre connections if folks move it around a bunch.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

They do have wall mounts available. They're more of a bucket situation. It looks odd but it gets the job done!