cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix on Optik keeps dropping signal?

Gayle
Organizer

For the last few days when watching a show on Netflix through my Optik account

the show will run for awhile then suddenly lose the connection.

I then have to reboot and reinitialize my optik tv to get it back again.  I have an LG tv

and can watch netflix on that or on my desktop without any loss but as soon as I 

connect via telus it disconnects.  TELUS Internet 75

Any ideas?

This also happens a lot with the Optik on the go but I don't think related.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Last I heard this was a known issue and is currently being investigated. I think we've seen multiple people reporting that problem on the boards here. It seems to be more prevalent in the Technicolor brand 4k boxes. Hopefully they can deliver a solution via firmware update and it's not an actual problem with the hardware.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Reboot your modem wait for it to come back online, then reboot the PVR wait for it to be back online, and any additional receivers one at a time.

Nope worked for a bit then lost signal again. 

Sorry couldn't edit but also pvr gets really hot. Seems hotter than usual? Its the UIW8001

Last I heard this was a known issue and is currently being investigated. I think we've seen multiple people reporting that problem on the boards here. It seems to be more prevalent in the Technicolor brand 4k boxes. Hopefully they can deliver a solution via firmware update and it's not an actual problem with the hardware.

I'm getting same issue on ch. 593 now 4k music videos