Move ONT

SOLVED
Advocate

Move ONT

Anybody have their ONT moved to another location. I’m doing a reno and would like to get it moved out of my living room to a more suitable location. Guessing there would be a charge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ambassador

I did mine recently from the living room to the garage. They couldn't give me a quote but thought it would be $100-$200. Ended up being about $400 because it took two of them 5 hours to do it. Not sure why. They ran about 10 feet of fibre cable and mounted the boxes to a wall. I tried to get some.money back but Telus said no. Let me know if you want anymore details.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ambassador

I did mine recently from the living room to the garage. They couldn't give me a quote but thought it would be $100-$200. Ended up being about $400 because it took two of them 5 hours to do it. Not sure why. They ran about 10 feet of fibre cable and mounted the boxes to a wall. I tried to get some.money back but Telus said no. Let me know if you want anymore details.

View solution in original post

Yes, $75 (Telus' usual rate) x 5 = about $400. Clearly the more you can ease the situation to make it simpler gives more opportunity to reduce the time spent.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Yeah, they neglected to mention it was an hourly rate. I thought it was flat. Oops. Wife was not happy. 😁😁

I did wire the Ethernet but they had some issues drilling from the t-com box outside to the garage wall. At least it looks clean now, and my nutty kid won’t play with the wires.

What is so hard about doing it yourself .Not very hard and alot cheaper and use better quality network cable than telus .

Not possible to do yourself. Can’t just splice in to fibre optic.

Thanks! Wow, $400 and 5 hours for two of them, Maybe I’ll just hide them behind a bookcase or something.