cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to block specific channels you are subscribed to, eg. all the preview channels

cjmcneil
Helpful Neighbour

I want to block/remove all those preview channels from even showing up on my guide let alone in the channel rotation when I flip through channels up and down on my remote.

The vast majority of the tv channels I receive with my "essentials" package I never use so I'd like to cut all that "bloat" out.

I am aware I can block all the unsubscribed channels from the guide and I have already done that. It's the on demand preview advertising channels, the 5 French Language channels and others that I don't use that I want to block from showing up on my TV and Guide. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've edited my channel list on the guide. You can find it in the system settings. These settings are per box.

1. On the remote hit Menu
  2. Scroll to Settings
  3. Then Television
  4. Then Customize your guide

You'll be able to enable and disable individual channels. Just note that the preview ones sometimes come back. Any channels you do not subscribe to that are on free preview will not show up in the guide if you disable them in the settings.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've edited my channel list on the guide. You can find it in the system settings. These settings are per box.

1. On the remote hit Menu
  2. Scroll to Settings
  3. Then Television
  4. Then Customize your guide

You'll be able to enable and disable individual channels. Just note that the preview ones sometimes come back. Any channels you do not subscribe to that are on free preview will not show up in the guide if you disable them in the settings.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks Nighthawk, that is just what I was looking for.

This is great to find out - Thanks from me as well.  I'd like to "block" all of the 600 channels, as I do not watch any of the Kids channels.

If you use OptikTv, changes can be made on your theme packs to remove the ones you don’t like.

keinobl
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks for response, but did not work. Probably I should clarify I am using Pik TV ...not opticsTV

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

This discussion is in the Optik TV section. The Pik TV forum is here

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@keinobl wrote:
Thanks for response, but did not work. Probably I should clarify I am using Pik TV ...not opticsTV

Then possibly you should review and post in the PikTV section!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Jbrown91090
Friendly Neighbour

How did you block all the unsubscribed ones?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Jbrown91090 wrote:

How did you block all the unsubscribed ones?

See my instructions above.