cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet 25 - 2 Year Term

kw11
Just Moved In

Hi, 

I'm a new customer looking to set up Internet 25. It looks like there are 2 options, either no fixed term or 2 year fixed term which has better price promotions. I found another web page (https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/home-services-agreement) that says there is no fixed term required on internet alone (without TV) -- can someone clarify whether there is or is not a 2 year fixed term option? 

If there is a 2 year fixed option, what is the cost of cancelling my service early? (ie. $X/month left in the contract?)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@kw11 wrote:

If there is a 2 year fixed option, what is the cost of cancelling my service early? (ie. $X/month left in the contract?)

Thanks!

Taking a 2 year commitment usually includes some sort of gift. If so, the cost to terminate early is based on the gift promotion. For instance, if you choose the Boost Wifi gift, the cost in the Terms and Conditions is $10 per month.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@kw11 wrote:

Thanks!

Taking a 2 year commitment usually includes some sort of gift. If so, the cost to terminate early is based on the gift promotion. For instance, if you choose the Boost Wifi gift, the cost in the Terms and Conditions is $10 per month.

NFtoBC

kw11
Just Moved In

So in this case, there is a "promotion" (I'm assuming that's the same as a gift?) which would give me $100 bill credit towards my account plus a reduced monthly cost for the first 6 months. So just to be clear, cancelling early would mean I'd have to pay back the $100 as well as the difference in price between the regular monthly cost and this reduced cost?

Here is the specific plan I'm referring to: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/shop/home/product/internet-25?variant=17a397e5303f0c787c32b98a29390d33

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The terms and conditions are silent on that issue. You could likely cancel early without penalty. 

NFtoBC

Be aware, a 2-year term is only locked in on your part, it's not locked in for Telus. They can increase the rate by as much as they want, as often as they want. You have to pay the new rate, you're locked in.

My internet went up by $5 (10.6%) in month 4, another $5 increase in month 16 and another $5 in month 22.

My TV went up  by $5 in month 3 and another $5 in month 16.

When i called them on it, they broke out the fine print. I'm locked into a contract, but rates can change at any time, by any amount.