cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you just up and lose an appointment....

Jpop
Neighbour
How do you guys just up and lose an appointment that I made over two weeks ago, then tell me it's for yesterday only for nothing to happen, then today tell me I have to cut into work time or wait a week and miss a week's worth if video calls with my kids?!?!. This was your mistake! Why do I have to wait around or miss work because you guys couldn't be here on the day I booked you?!?!? Then I even bothered to contact you last week to make sure I had the appointment and noone would give me a straight answer!!!!..? Your only solution was for me to miss work after I told you I couldn't or make me miss my videos calls.. yes ill wait around and have my ex spouse use my missing my calls against me... absolutely sounds amazing. Or you could honor the original appointment... Make up for it because it's now been missed... Or I could just get the heck away from you guys. This mistake is unacceptable and the fact that you can't accommodate me because of your mistake is inexcusable.
5 REPLIES 5

psl
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@Jpop Here on our forum, most of our community members are also TELUS customers, and won't be able to assist. If you can please contact us by phone 1-888-811-2323, live chat, or sending me a PM with more info, we'll find ways to help. 

If you look At my records you will see I was a Telus member up until a few days ago. Because of this issue. But please, continue to make your company look ridiculous.

A few things aren't making sense. A lot of areas even have evening appointments. Last tech I had out was in the evening. What exactly was the issue you were having?

Then I even bothered to contact you last week to make sure I had the appointment and noone would give me a straight answer!!!!..?

If an appointment is booked, it's booked. There's no way they wouldn't be able to give a straight answer on that.

Or you could honor the original appointment... This mistake is unacceptable and the fact that you can't accommodate me because of your mistake is inexcusable.

So you post the day AFTER the scheduled appointment and want Telus to send a tech back to the day before? And instead you claim you cancelled your service instantly, then posted here to complain, followed by insulting someone offering to help? So if you were really expecting them to accomodate you, how do you expect them to do that if you just cancel your service first? Doesn't make sense.

Another big thing that doesn't make sense is what service provider did you go with that could get you new service installed within a day if you couldn't miss work? Shaw typically has a minimum few week delay in nearly all areas to get new service put in place for regular weekday appointments, and I'd suspect much longer if having to wait for a weekend one. 

"If an appointment is booked, it's booked. There's no way they wouldn't be able to give a straight answer on that."

I had called January 16th to squedule switching my services over for Feb 1st but we made the appointment for Feb 3rd. They woman who helped me called me back to say my new suite is fibre where as my old place was cable. She transferred me to the pure fibre team then. She didn't mention however that the appointment she made with me was no longer valid. Speed up to 3 or 4 days before the move - I contacted you guys via chat on Wednesday or Thursday evening to make sure everything was good to go for the 3rd. The chat rep wouldn't confirm of I had an appointment, he too said he was going to transfer me to the pure optic team, but forgot to do the actual transfer when he left the chat. I tried to do the chat again and it told me there was an error. So I sent a thing through I think " contact us" explainging the transfer didn't go through and requested to have someone call me. They called next morning but it was 10 minutes right before work that I work 9-5 and I was driving so I asked for him to call back on my lunch time at 12:30. He sent me an email saying he'd call at 2pm... I think he misheard me on the phone. I emailed back stating I am covering co-workers breaks at 2 to please challenge at 12:30. He said he would, but still called at 2 instead. I was unable to answer. So on my final coffee break I tried calling through but the automated system took up most of my break time and would not have left enough time to discuss anything. So I responded to the email again stating issues with that. He sent me instructions on how to connect to pure fibre chat directly, which didn't work because I wasn't originally a pure fibre member. The tried to call me again at I think 3:45ish... While I'm working still.

That night I got on chat again and a person who was assisting me told me I had an appointment for Saturday, which made no sense because I know I booked it for the third because Saturday was my move day. I figured that maybe I had a moment and misbooked the day or maybe the original lady misbooked. That person switched me to the pure fibre tr but the chat was having problems again. So I tried to call but the wait for 7:20 was over an hour and I had a video call with my kids in 10 minutes. So I tried chat again after the call connected to another lady, she transferred me, it showed she transferred me but it wouldn't show at the to if I was in a queue or not. I waited a good 20 minutes then went to bed.

Move day - under the impression now that my appointment is somehow for today and not sunday Too busy to call or chat for obvious reasons. Don't receive any calls or cooresoondance on my issue or appointment, so Sunday, the day the appointment was originally supposed to be for, I had to clean my old place out and didn't get to contact Telus until 6ish. I then find out there was never any appointment from the lady in chat. She successfully transferred me to the pure fibre team "yay" and I did get a really helpful lady, but there's nothing in line to fix tells mistakes apparently so all she could do was offer me the next available appointments which were either during work, or a whole week away during one of the video chat times.ee are extremely short staffed this week where I work I can not miss work for it and missing one chat is okay, but all chats for a whole week is not good regardless of circumstances.

"So you post the day AFTER the scheduled appointment and want Telus to send a tech back to the day before? And instead you claim you cancelled your service instantly, then posted here to complain, followed by insulting someone offering to help? So if you were really expecting them to accomodate you, how do you expect them to do that if you just cancel your service first? Doesn't make sense."

Apparently they cancelled my service due to the switch from cable to fibre and I couldn't access my account once Saturday hit. It was already cancelled. I chose not to proceed because of the reasons listed above.

"Another big thing that doesn't make sense is what service provider did you go with that could get you new service installed within a day if you couldn't miss work? Shaw typically has a minimum few week delay in nearly all areas to get new service put in place for regular weekday appointments, and I'd suspect much longer if having to wait for a weekend one. "

Some places give you the modem to let you install it yourself...which is what I did. I got my new modem Monday and had it set up very quickly. That was Shaw, so while yes they had similar appointment times, I didn't need one as they have that amazing little option. I just had to go to a Shaw store. If tus would had offered this to me I would have been on it. It was never mentioned though.

So yes, appointments can apparently get lost.