cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Spikes on Pure Fibre

D18
Organizer

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced data usage spikes in the last couple of months. My wife and I normally use about 6 Gb/day. Three days last month there were spikes of over 300 Gb. 

When the last one occurred I checked the modem's service log and there was no outside device that connected to the network when the spike occurred. I've also checked the computers for virus/spyware and they are all clean.

Telus has swapped out the modem thinking that may have been the issue. I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this experience.

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There were parallel discussions a year or so ago. You could search for them to follow the discussion.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Yes, I was aware of the previous discussions, but was just wondering if there were any recent occurrences and what the cause was determined to be. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm not on fibre but I did have a spike when my Windows 10 PC downloaded a very large update, failed to install it, then tried to repeat the process a few dozen or more times or so before I caught it. It used a large amount of data for that. Most usage spikes will be something on the user's end.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂