cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication too late

glenbodie
Just Moved In

Yesterday I had the installers upgrade my home phone from copper loop to fibre. They did a fine job, no problems.

But they were surprised that I didn't know in advance what they were going to need to do inside the house. It delayed the job by an hour while I moved things around to provide them the access they needed.

And then today I get an email from TELUS <[email protected]> telling me that my installation is "coming soon". And it provides some useful information on site preparation though I could suggest a number of improvements to that. It had the right date information on it, but it was sent at least 1 day late, probably 2 or 3 days.

Summary: communication was too little and too late. That cost the installers time and messed up my day as well. Does not deserve a passing grade.

2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @glenbodie really sorry to hear that. It definitely doesn't live up to the standards for our installations that we and our clients want. If you'd like for us to escalate this and have someone reach out to you, feel free to reach out to us over at our Twitter account or send us a private message at our Facebook page and we can get your account info. Thanks.

glenbodie
Just Moved In

The job is done, the time has been lost already. If Telus wants to improve their work process and correct the timing of sending those emails then I have already provided data here that they can use. If you want my suggestions for a better communication (regardless of the timing of that communication) then email me privately and we can talk.