cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click here I need help again

Keith5
Helpful Neighbour

I tried many things to get the Optik TV fixed and it worked for a while... until it went back to the "Recordings unavailable" part and the channels losing signal. Is there any better way to fix this, because Optik TV has now just got dumber. (This is a joke, please don't take it too seriously)

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you provide a few more details as to what is happening, including any other error messages you may see?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Keith5
Helpful Neighbour

All I see for error messages is the "Recordings unavailable" and the "Television signal is lost" message. Plus, I live in FSJ where I have my Optik TV that's causing the problems. Right now, it's snowing in my area. Any way to fix all of this, because it's starting to get annoying right now!

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The snow shouldn't affect anything unless you have a damaged line outside that is letting water in. Recordings unavailable / tv signal lost sounds like a connection issue. You may want to contact Telus directly and have them check the connection from their end as well as likely have a repair tech out.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@Keith5:  Are you using a wireless cable box? If there's any wifi interference, it will generate those error messages.

Keith5
Helpful Neighbour

What I have is 3 Telus Optik TV boxes, and I have an internet box, which is only working for me right now. Also, there's a Optik tower nearby, which helps us get the Optik TV signal. Got any solutions?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There's no such thing as an "Optik tower". Are you referring to a cell tower outside? If yes, that has nothing to do with Optik.

Have you contacted technical support yet? If your TV isn't working, you will want to do that.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂