cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to devices

Shane
Leader

Greetings,

I had everything working perfectly on the Actiontec V1000H, but Telus said I needed to replace it with the T3200M if I wanted to get TV. Now that it's installed, I can't connect to wireless devices on the same network. Everything can connect to the internet, and I can connect to the other wired device, but when I try to connect to a wireless device (like my BlackBerry), I get an error message saying "Windows cannot access \\Z10".

I've changed the T3200M password, but nothing else.

I've tried:

• rebooting the laptop
  • turning off the firewall
  • restarting the device

What else can I try?

Someone has mentioned that this is an ongoing problem.

Thanks,

Shane.

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are a number of posts discussing a disconnect between Wi-Fi devices and Ethernet-connected devices on the network. Three suggestions have been offered as solutions:

1. Turn off SmartSteering
  2. Connect your network using a secondary router of your choosing, leaving Optik on the T3200M
  3. Install Telus Boost Wi-Fi mesh, or similar, putting the wireless devices on the Ethernet side of the T3200M

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I disabled SmartSteering but it didn't help.

I'm hoping to fix this without buying additional hardware.

I'm thinking of calling Telus, but they will probably begin by telling me to reset the modem. I have a few concerns, because there's a problem with my building that required the installer to attach two telephone wires to the T3200M in order to get the correct speed. I remember it taking him a long time to configure it.

1. Will the T3200M still work with both telephone lines after a reset?
  2. The current firmware version is 31.164L.13. Is this the latest? Will it be lost during a reset?

Thanks,

Shane.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Shane wrote:

I'm hoping to fix this without buying additional hardware. 

Sometimes the tried & true method works best <wink>

1. Will the T3200M still work with both telephone lines after a reset?

Yes it should. Many VDSL setups use a bonded pair of lines to give full speed.

1. The current firmware version is 31.164L.13. Is this the latest? Will it be lost during a reset?

Mine is ver.  31.164L.16 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I started a "Live Chat", which is an automated service. Every time I asked it a question, it told me to type "start over". I was in the loop for a long time.

After somehow getting out of this loop, I chatted with an actual live agent. He told me that I need to pay to get it fixed by called "Tech Support Plus" at (855) 575-5705.

I tried resetting the modem. The firmware version is now 31.164L.16.

Shane.