cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking unwanted phone calls.

Dogs2
Just Moved In

I have Call Screening on my landline phone but the number or numbers that call are from outside of the country and can't be added to the list. How do I stop them from calling?

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Ask them for Call Control instead. Callers that aren't on the white list will be prompted to press a random button to be connected. Is very effective in screening out the international scam calls.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

ctech
Friendly Neighbour

FYI, Call Control is not available if you have Fibre phone line (only available for copper). Call Screen is the only option for those with Fibre

sjk
Just Moved In

Why can TELUS not do something about the calls coming in from Belize, Sri Lanka, Bolivia, Greece and now Mongolia!!!  I just checked my phone and since 1:00 pm today, I have received 20,  yes 20 calls in 2 hours.  I have activate the blocked caller on my phone but there must be something that TELUS can do. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Considering the spam callers can fake any caller ID they want, carriers have no way to currently block them since they can't identify who or what is calling.

As I mentioned previously in this discussion, one option you do have for your landline is Call Control. I have it and haven't had a single robocall make it past. Now if you are on a cell phone, there are no options like Call Control at this point.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Is there a robocall blocker app that you would recommend?