cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea how to get the right ping and instead of really low ping

ImNolan
Friendly Neighbour
As im use to my old router and lagging all the time how can get my ping when i had my old router i feel these new ones give you performance all in realilty but its gives you false pings
11 REPLIES 11

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Are you using a hard wired or wifi connection? Some examples of your pings responses.

Wired connection i feel the ping is very high in game losing gun battles etc lag spikes and ingame i kill someone ill see the still for a little bit

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Again please provide some example of your ping results. Are you using a gaming console, Mac or pc? Which game(s), there can be. A wide variety of factors at play, including the game server itself you connect to.

Playing on fortnite and call of duty on xbox one well for one i ping my xbox and it says 30ms but in game itll be roughly between 55 - 70 ms then here and yhere my pings high its around 70-250 then it goes between 60-140 when im standing doing nothing and i cant hit or do snything

ImNolan
Friendly Neighbour
Im using the wan port on the t3200m router as lan port for a router

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Use port 1 on the T3200 to connect to your third party router.

Your playing some heavily used servers with Fortnite and Call off duty. One can’t expect some degree of lag on them. Not really a Telus issue per say. Your pings are well within the range of what Xbox calls acceptable range.

Have you tried playing a less popular title to see if your lag persist.

Ill have to try that and yes i have i play another game called rainbow six siege and i jitter lag all over and 1v1ing someone it lags my guy where i cant do anything

ImNolan
Friendly Neighbour
Is there a way i can get login on my isp router when im using the lan 1 and is there a way i can give my xbox the xbox instead 50000 port everytime i connect

Meme_stealer
Organizer
Use ethernet scrub I get 4 ping with ethernet

I am using ethernet big **bleep**ing different between city and middle of **bleep** nowhere its cool tho im good it didnt help my case anyway

Meme_stealer
Organizer
Telus usually gives new modems for free anyways