cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actiontec T3200M DNS Changing issue..

nickc0099
Just Moved In
Hey guys, I've got the actiontec t3200m gateway and was wondering how I would go about changing my dns address. I've got an American DNS address I use, and would like to use that one, I've tried manually changing it and selecting statically assigned, but doing just that didnt work. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
In your modem under advanced setup>Wan IP addressing>Under 4. (Static DNS address) Primary and secondary then save. Reboot the modem.

If you’re using the DNS as a geolocation workaround. Keep in mind if you have IPV6 enabled most times till will render your “spoof dns” useless (will geo locate you) IPV6 will need be disabled and only use IPV4.

Under advanced settings>IPv6 wan settings>Set the IPv6 state (disabled) and apply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
In your modem under advanced setup>Wan IP addressing>Under 4. (Static DNS address) Primary and secondary then save. Reboot the modem.

If you’re using the DNS as a geolocation workaround. Keep in mind if you have IPV6 enabled most times till will render your “spoof dns” useless (will geo locate you) IPV6 will need be disabled and only use IPV4.

Under advanced settings>IPv6 wan settings>Set the IPv6 state (disabled) and apply.

If having the ipv6 disabled, will optik tv and Internet still be fine using v4 only?