cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MicheleL
Just Moved In

I am frustrated that I can record a show, either on the app or at home, but can only watch that recording from my optik tv box.  With Shaw (which we had previously), I could watch my recorded shows on my devices wherever I was (in Canada) once logged in.  I travel a lot and have shows I want to see but have to wait until I return home and binge watch.  This is not my preference!  If Shaw can do it, I'm sure Telus can!!!!

10 Comments
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for this idea. I'll forward it off to our Optik team for sure.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Posted one month ago? I can watch and record online through my laptop and have been doing for last month. So???

MicheleL
Just Moved In
Are you able to watch what's recorded when away from homebox? No! But you can with Shaw.

Sent from my Galaxy

Rocky3
Rockstar

let me repeat, YES I can watch on laptop away from home. But even better, I can record a show with laptop when away from home and then watch it at home on regular TV set. Until I saw your post I took that as a bonus for Telus as the format is near identical.

BTW, you do log into the app right?

MicheleL
Just Moved In
Yes and I'm quite familiar with how it works as I used this service on Shaw. I use my phone or laptop and both have the app on them. I actually contacted telus about this and they told me I had to hbe in the same location as home box to watch recordings on the app. Glad you've found a work around! No such luck for me.

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
Rocky3
Rockstar

what we all need to understand is those giving advice at Telus may not know more than we do

Rocky3
Rockstar

@MicheleL 

I have the newest box, android that is internet based with recordings in the cloud. Are we talking about the same box? I will go further. I am on my boat now and able to watch Telus TV as I brought the box with me and have internet.

MicheleL
Just Moved In
This is the message when I try to watch recordings on my phone.

upload_-MTMyODA0NTA4M18xNzAwMTY0OTAwNzAwXzI4NzA0Ni5qcGVn-6992515281689900730..jpeg

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
Rocky3
Rockstar

I just now checked to make sure and I played a recording on my laptop from the cloud that I recorded at home. I am no where near my home.

No idea why you get that message

Rocky3
Rockstar

So I installed the app on phone and played one of my recordings.

May I suggest you record a run of the mill show and try playing that. It may be that the show you recorded is somehow married to the home device. Have not run into this. BTW I have the TelusTV the new android one