Telus Satellite TV On the Go

Simon
Resident

Submitting this on behalf of a customer - Customer is subscribed to Telus Satellite TV as Optik is not available there - cx said Optik TV has the On the Go option and apparently Bell Satellite TV also has an On The Go type of option as well.  Customer said that since Telus carries Bell's service for Satellite TV, why do we not have an On The Go feature for Telus Satellite?

Category:
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

I made a parallel suggestion here: http://forum.telus.com/t5/Ideas/Additional-services-for-satellite-tv-subscribers/idi-p/34426

You may wish to support it there as well.

To Telus: I also support this opportunity for your customers.

ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: Under Review
ShadiS
Advisor

Hi @Simon ,

Thank you for sharing your idea. I shared it with our internal ideas team for review. Once I have an update I will let you know.

Please continue to submit more ideas!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Hi @Simon ,

Our Ideas team reviewed your suggestion and unfortunately we will not be able to move forward with it. TELUS Satellite TV is rebranded Bell Satellite TV. We shared your suggestion with their team but as we don't have full control of the product we cannot guarantee that it will be implemented. We will close this idea but we really encourage you to share more ideas!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: Closed
rjaxin
Just Moved In

I agree that Telus Sat is re-branded Bell, and that you can not allow Telus sat customers to log in with Bell TV credentials, however, why can you just not give Optik TV credentials to Telus Sat TV customers who are requesting this access?

Telus Sat TV customers are paying the same money for the same channels and should be entitled to the same subscriber add-ons.  I would happily switch to Optik TV if it was available in my area.  I was a long-time Bell TV customer that switched to Telus sat to consolidate billing and take advantage of promo pricing.  Had I known that I would lose access to the Go apps, I likely would not have switched.

What would the harm be in granting sat customers Optik TV credentials to the equivalent channel packages?

This seems like the responsibility is in Telus' hands to solve this problem, not the channel providers - for example:

"Why isn’t my TV Provider listed?
HISTORY Go is available to all Canadian TV cable, satellite and IPTV providers. Please check back soon to see if your television provider is enabled on our app. To speed up the process, please contact your service provider to inquire about this service offering."

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi there, @rjaxin.

We appreciate the suggestion and understand the workaround you're proposing. Unfortunately it's a little more complicated than that with licensing agreements being a consideration.

It's something that we look at regularly and may be able to provide an alternative to our TELUS Satellite customers in the future but I'm afraid on-the-go programming isn't an option now.

Thanks.

rjaxin
Just Moved In

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that Telus would incur some cost of offering this to customers (ie covering some backend subscription costs to the channel providers with a $0 billing to customers), but not every Sat TV customer would be interested in this.  If you are working on a long-term option, it would be a good sign of faith to paying customers to offer a stop-gap solution - similar in cost, I imagine, to offering promotional discounts for new customers.

Similarly, how about the option of offering complimentary (or discounted/bundled) Pik TV subscriptions for interested Telus Sat/Internet customers who don't have Optik as an option?  This could be a good alternative to the individual channel "Go" apps.

Isn't it good business to motivate existing customers to use more of your first-party offerings (even if discounted), rather than the outsourced/rebranded competitor services?

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

All good points (especially the Pik TV idea) but it's unlikely that this will be re-opened right now. I have, however, sent it forward and if it gets some legs, I'll let you know.

Also - There's a promo on Pik right now for first existing TELUS internet subscribers: First month free and $10/mo after that.

Thanks again for the suggestion, @rjaxin.