cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsusloyal
Just Moved In
Please can you offer the same mobility plan you offer seniors for $25 with 3mb data to younger disabled? Disability income is lower than senior’s income. Thanks for considering
13 Comments
Just_LH
Ambassador

Here is what I wrote to them:

Strange setup.
I am disabled and have Telus internet but paying too much for it $70 so looking to spend less but still have speed. I probably go with another provider and pay $40.
I guess Telus only have me as a costumer if I pay $70.
At the same time for mobile, I could have come to Telus for $25 as that is what I pay, but that is not available to me, only to seniors.
I guess Telus doesn't want me as a customer."

Just_LH
Ambassador

I cant show the the answer:

"The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 10057921554908833954"

like I have an administrator 🙂

Just_LH
Ambassador

I try it line by line:

"Hi there ,

Thank you for your inquiry. The TELUS Internet for Good Program is available to households with eligible children and an annual net income of less than or equal to $31,120. If you meet these eligibility requirements and would like to sign up for the program, please send me your 2018/2019 Canada Child Benefit (CCB) notice.

Here are some instructions on how to find your CCB notice online if necessary:
• Use the Canada Revenue Agency’s “My Account” service to Log in or Register
• On the home page, select  “View mail”
• Look for your “CCB notice” under the “List of correspondence items” section
• Click on the link that says “PDF” to download your CCB notice

Just_LH
Ambassador

The TELUS Internet for Good Program has been extended to those who receive the BC Persons with Disability (PWD) benefit or the Alberta Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) benefit from the provincial government’s or the Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefit (CPPD). If you meet these eligibility requirements and would like to sign up for the program please send me one of the following:

- BC Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction Confirmation of Assistance Statement or Release of Personal Information form
-  CRA Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefit T4A(P)
-  Alberta AISH Monthly Assistance Statement

Just_LH
Ambassador

More information about the program can be found on our webpage here: https://www.telus.com/en/about/company-overview/community-investment/how-we-give/cause-campaigns/int...

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns."

Just_LH
Ambassador

And at the end it was not about that link. stupid program.

So basically no useful answer.

Jsusloyal
Just Moved In

This post is not about Internet for good.  It is about mobility/cell phone  that seniors will get for $25 with 3 gb of data.  Cell phone plan. 

Just_LH
Ambassador

Did you read the whole thing?

They offer cell for seniors and internet for disabled, but not both or the other way around. 

On top of that, only one size fits all for both plans.

Very restrictive.

tony32
Just Moved In

They do offer internet to disabled people with low incomes  in BC and Alberta. https://www.telus.com/en/social-impact/connecting-canada/people-with-disabilities/application?INTCMP...

tony32
Just Moved In

ChatR is owned by Rogers. They only charge $15 a month for their cell phone plan.  
https://www.chatrwireless.com/plans

If you want data with it all you got to do is a one time payment of $10 
https://www.chatrwireless.com/mobility/data-top-up

Just_LH
Ambassador

Chartr is a virtual provider.

Also you clearly did not understand that discount internet is not offered to seniors.

Status changed to: Completed
Amyj

Hi @Jsusloyal 

We will pass along this valuable feedback to our program managers, as program expansions have been made over the years. We are committed to reviewing our program eligibility and are actively looking at ways we can offer additional support to even more Canadians.

Status changed to: Completed
Amyj