cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Westlake
Just Moved In

I have had several occassions where someone has tried to contact me (some very important calls) and my phone did not ring at all.

They leave a voicemail, but since the phone did not ring and there is no notification, the last thing I check is if there is a voicemail. 

How about an automated text notifying of a missed call where the phone did not ring or at least a text notifying of a voicemail being left?

Missed out on 2 interviews as a result of this...

Thanks

7 Comments
FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Was this a land line or a mobile phone?

A friend of mine had the exact same issue with his iPhone and a job interview. Turns out he had enabled do not disturb and had it set to only ring for numbers in his contacts.

Michael_Westlake
Just Moved In

I'm not sure if it was a landline or mobile - I assume landline due to it being a business calling me. 

I do know that "do not disturb" was definitely not activated. 

I guess the biggest thing I'm hoping for is a notification of a VM being left - that's where I'm missing out on things. 

Maybe just spoilt for it - in South Africa we received text messages for everything. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the option to use Wi-Fi calling available to your phone? It may prevent missed calls in some locations.

xray
Hero

Your phone should have a notification for voicemail. Is it possible you had no/poor signal at the time?

Michael_Westlake
Just Moved In

Yes, it was poor signal at the time. 

I don't get any notifications for any VM - is this something I need to enable on my phone? 

If so, how do I enable it on my iphone?

xray
Hero

Yes, you may need to change some settings on your phone to enable voicemail notification, especially if you are looking for visual voice mail. I don't own any Apple products so I can't help you but maybe some of the other regulars in the Neighborhood with iPhones can chime in.

Status changed to: Closed
Amyj