New picture or video! View at telusmobility.com/snap. Misleading message

knch
Neighbour

If you get this message:

New picture or video! View at telusmobility.com/snap.
Nouveau message photo ou video! Disponible a telusmobilite.com/snap.

Password:  xxxxx

You're getting it because someone's sent you a picture message but your phone or plan is not enabled to receive it.  The message is misleading because Telus has discontinued the snap service to view such pictures.  Original thread:

http://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Telus-mobility-snap/m-p/44421#M2913

The message should be changed to something like, "You've received a multimedia message but your phone/plan does not let you receive it.  Please contact the sender to retrieve the message in a different format or contact Telus to discuss your options."

Category:
Comments
melanymoore60
Just Moved In

Where  are my pics?...no password is asked for ...what is wrong with this feature on computer?

mkirk5463
Just Moved In

I get the message on my cell that someone sent me a picture available on telusmobility.com/snap, but when you try to login nothing happens!

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Under Review
ambert
Connector

Hi @knch 

Thanks so much for your suggestion! We've submitted this Idea to our mobility team and it's currently under review. I'll check back in once I hear back from them to provide you with an update.

Cheers!

Amber

9842856784_2f60de7c62_o.jpg

BethanySchultz
Just Moved In

I've always wondered about this. I have unlimited picture messaging included in my plan, and a new enough phone that it should be capable of receiving a picture. Why does it always refer me to this snap service? I don't have data on my phone, only wifi... so I can only access pictures on my cell phone if I am in a wifi area. WHY am I paying for picture messaging if I have to use the internet to receive them? What happened to good old fashioned SMS?

mdodd43
Just Moved In

telus. i think you are committing fraud by saying i have free picture messaging, but not giving it to me unless i get data.now you have taken away snap abilities. perhaps my business is not important to you,my 3 phone plans are almost due for renewal, maybe i go else where.

joevan
Just Moved In

why am i still getting this photo message on my phone fi this service is no longer available? And it took 10 minutes to register so i could sign in and send this message.  this is not efficient or fun

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Completed
ambert
Connector

Hi @knch 

Thank you for your very helpful Idea about Snap. Due to customer feedback, we'll be discontinuing the service altogether as of February 1, 2015.  There will be a new way to send and receive images after this time. Read more about new ways to picture message here.

Thanks for supporting the Neighborhood and please continue to share your ideas!

Amber