cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terowe
Neighbour

I am a new Telus TV and internet customer who recently switched from Shaw where I was using their older Arris Gateway platform for the last 8 years. Honestly it was great but Shaw no longer supports them and their new Blue Curve is missing some key features and they have no desire to fix them after 5+ years in use. When I switched to Telus last week I was expecting at least the basic recording features for this new Android based Technicolor technology. One obvious omission is the ability to extend a recording by a set amount of time, and also the allow default settings of this nature. For example, most sport shows (Hockey and Football because that is my thing) run past the program scheduled time to end. Almost every hockey game lasts 2 hours and 45 minutes yet the scheduled time is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Imagine my surprise when I found that the two games I have already recorded ended recording with 5 minutes still on the 3rd period clock. When I looked for the option to extend future recordings I found there are NO options available and no ability to set default recording options. Even the old PACE units that Shaw used 20 years ago had those features. C'mon Telus, you can do better. 

8 Comments
Status changed to: New Idea
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager
terowe
Neighbour

I am well beyond that step as my Telus TV is the new digital box and it has no options for recordings. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ahh gotcha. Yeah we're working on that feature for sure. For now, we always recommend the habit of recording the program/game immediately following the one you want to watch later, just in case. I do this for all the NFL games I don't want to miss the endings of.

terowe
Neighbour

A very 1990 (early guide driven recorders) solution. I just find it hard to believe that a product would be released that is missing such a basic PVR feature. Telus and Shaw battling to see who can release the most deficient products. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Closed
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

terowe
Neighbour

By closing this does that mean the feature will be available soon? If so, can we know when and what? 

HiddenValley
Organizer

+1 This a very important and basic feature for recording anything on TV, esp[ecailly live and sports events that can go over the allotted time. 
Please add this feature to the new "digital" Telustv-21T boxes.